Ann Coulter hit the nail right on the head...

We could do that, but let's discuss in what way they do that. After we placed it in our analytical framework and search for anomalies in this thesis. After that we could do an extra-polation on the facts so as to give it a predictive nature. After that we calculate the deviance in our thesis and then take it for "true".
Who'll begin?

Here in Europe, I watch the BBC (the other choice being CNN) regularily I see no evidence that it 'distorts' the news. Its certainly no fan of the Bush or Blair Administrations, (but then again, neither am I). That doesnt mean that it presenting a distorted view of the news. I dont usually agree with the WSJ, and while they certainly show favoritism toward Republicans but I wont say that they destort the news either.

FOX is a different kettle of fish. Its not news, its propaganda. Its run by ex-GOP officials (Ailes), its unbalanced in its reporting (for example it harped on about Kerry's Flip-Flop while barely mentioning Bush's which were more numerous and more serious) and sometimes it just makes stuff up (like Hannity proclaiming 'We found WMD'). It invites far more conservatives as guests (like Coulter) than liberals and tosses them softball questions while filtering out or cutting off the mic of people who dont toe the hardcore GOP line.

FOX News is like watching wrestling, you know its fake, and its easy to figure out who the good guys and bad guys are...

Watching CNN (Communist News Network), ABC (Another Bunch of Communist), NBC (Nazis Broadcasting Communism), and BBC (Bunch of Bull Communism) is like reading the news from the Gestopo.

It's all liberally biased.

Hahahahahahahaha 5.56, again your eloquence is sharp, erudite, un-biased and free of any knowledge!! Your open view of newsdistribution shows your well balanced political interests and I couldn't agree with you more :). I always figured that the BBC were commie bastards, because they didn't burn Ken Livingstone's house when they had the chance. I didn't know that NBC was nothing more then a puppet channel used to spread Nazi propaganda! Thanks for enlighting me......

Damien435 said:
I think we can all agree that the BBC is at least a little less distorted than FOX, right?

Probably. I have to admit that I've only read a few FOX-articles on the web and seen a few newsreports. But those few seemed to be more biased than BBC to me.

5.56X45mm said:
Watching CNN (Communist News Network), ABC (Another Bunch of Communist), NBC (Nazis Broadcasting Communism), and BBC (Bunch of Bull Communism) is like reading the news from the Gestopo.

It's all liberally biased.

I agree. We should only watch FOX (Fanatic Oligarchic Xenophobes).

Last edited:
I want to add one umm, I got it, hmmm, I can't come up with a good one yet, give me a little while to think it over.

Out of those listed CNN probally has the most little bias but I watch FOX because I enjoy the personalities.

Damien435 said:
I want to add one umm, I got it, hmmm, I can't come up with a good one yet, give me a little while to think it over.

Don't sweat it. It took me over a minute to think of FOX and it probably took Luis half an hour to think of CNN, ABC, NBC and BBC :p

Actually, what I prefer to watch is SNL's skits based on Bill O'Reilly and Chris Matthew's.

"You say that California is the most heavily populated state in America, I say New York is, tell me where I am wrong."

"Well, the last six census' have shown that California does in fact have more people than New York."

"Have you ever been to New York? I'm here everyday, there's a lot of people here, I know, I go walk amongst them every day. Now let's read some fanmail. Here we have a letter from Wyoming: "Bill, I like how you made that five year old girl cry on your show, she was obviously not prepared for dealing with the pressure, but just for the record, Albany, not New York City, is the capital of New York." Well I quess we will just have to agree to disagree."

Last edited:
Isn't it grand to have news agency who don't deal in 1 ounce of news, just personal opinions! But it does make it much more lively.

Damien435 said:
Actually, what I prefer to watch is SNL's skits based on Bill O'Reilly and Chris Matthew's.

"You say that California is the most heavily populated state in America, I say New York is, tell me where I am wrong."

"Well, the last six census' have shown that California does in fact have more people than New York."

"Have you ever been to New York? I'm here everyday, there's a lot of people here, I know, I go walk amongst them every day. Now let's read some fanmail. Here we have a letter from Wyoming: "Bill, I like how you made that five year old girl cry on your show, she was obviously not prepared for dealing with the pressure, but just for the record, Albany, not New York City, is the capital of New York." Well I quess we will just have to agree to disagree."

Haha, that's sweet. I've seen SNL, nor have I heard of it. Sounds like a good channel.

SNL (Saturday Night Live) is an show on NBC which is supposed to air live every saturday night but they have been missing a few days, seems to me like they now go two saturdays in a row with re-runs then one saturday with a live new show.

And just to piss me off, Comedy Central decided to start running Mad TV, which is a shitty knock off of SNL, instead of SNL, which is a knock off of Kids in the Hall, the latter Comedy Central has also stopped showing, in favor of Mad TV, which is by far the worst of all three shows. Me thinks there is a lot of money exchanging hands under the table.

My Beef with CNN is not that its bias, but that its 'fluff' news.

The interviewers are amongst the worst on TV (at least on FOX they are nasty, but nasty is more entertaining than boring). They also seem to know to ask only one type of question, the softball.

The other issue is what they call the news. Look, I'm sure naked Eskimo Bellydancing is interesting somewhere, but those American ex-pats who live abroad who want news from home are really not interested in banana crop reports from Honduras...:wink:

Back