Animated Avatars

Yin717

Hi guys!

Lately I've gotten into the use of animated avatars which I've been using on various forums. I've been sticking to the file size and everything and it wouldn't work. Then I realised it didn't accept the file. Then it hit me that this forum probably doesn't accept animated avatars. I was just wondering why and whether it would be possible to change it?

Thanks
Yin

you can upload animated avatars here (as .gif files), but the max size is 100x100px and 25Kb

you can upload animated avatars here (as .gif files), but the max size is 100x100px and 25Kb

Well I've been trying this and it doesn't seem to work. The maximum I want to use is under 25Kb and I resize them to under 100X100px. So every time I upload it it either says it is too big (which it isn't) or it is and 'invalid file'. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Last edited:
Hm, that's strange.

Can you attach the avatar you're trying to upload to a post here, and I'll look at it?

What's the exact size (in bytes) of the file you tried to upload?

I just noticed that the maximum size wasn't 25Kb, but 25000bytes. I've increased it to 25600bytes = 25Kb now.

Here were the two I was interested in using. I couldn't upload the file from my computer because it said it was an invalid file. So I've had to refind them on the sites they are from and put up the URL.

20.3KB

gdpit_com_96762789_257.gif

18.3KB

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was on a Geography field trip. Well, as you can see, it has worked. Thankyou very much for your time and effort! I really appreciate it!

Back