Animal Rights

I believe that certain animals are here to be eaten, and certain animals are here for work.
I do NOT believe that ANY animal should have to suffer, when I hunt I go for a clean shot, instant death for my target. I don't and wil never hunt for sport or for fun. I don't know if the Kentucky derby people could have saved that horse' life or not, not a vet, not my place to comment, BUT I do believe that that more could have been done to prevent the horse from falling down in the first place.
There was more that could have been done, but nothing that they would want to do, without the horse being in considerable pain.

The Barbaro incident a couple of years ago ended with the horse being much hardship that would have never happened to Eight Belles, and didn't happen to George Washington, who broke down in the Breeder's Cup last winter. The reason: $$$. Barbaro could have been saved as a stud horse, and make $50,000 for being bred once. Multiply that by 60-100 times and you have a TON of money. There's no money in a filly, Eight Belles, or in George Washington, who was impotent.

Cash runs the world...:-?

Meh, I'd rather test a new drug on a rat or a mouse than a human. So at the cost of a few rats, we can help humans, sounds like a good deal to me.

There was more that could have been done, but nothing that they would want to do, without the horse being in considerable pain.

The Barbaro incident a couple of years ago ended with the horse being much hardship that would have never happened to Eight Belles, and didn't happen to George Washington, who broke down in the Breeder's Cup last winter. The reason: $$$. Barbaro could have been saved as a stud horse, and make $50,000 for being bred once. Multiply that by 60-100 times and you have a TON of money. There's no money in a filly, Eight Belles, or in George Washington, who was impotent.

Cash runs the world...:-?

I dunno TOG Don't they have pain killers for horses? I mean they have horse pills for people, but like you just said........Cash runs the world

Regarding Barbaro, I believe it was an injury that wouldn't heal properly and then infection set in and wouldn't let go. They had to put him down.

PETA and all the rest of the animal rights nuts are only in it for themselves. They refuse to accept the fact that humans are meat eaters (incisor teeth and one stomache) and That there is a thing such as compromise. Same as the Abortion wackos - its ok to kill a doctor but don't touch that fetus!

I'm in the biz and work with these crazies every day. What kills me is I have yet to meet an underweight vegan and they almost all are rabbit food eaters.

Can't wait until science proves that plants have feelings. :)

Yeah, I'm new and I tried to tone it down alittle. That whole world of Animal Rights gets my....oh well.

I do NOT believe that ANY animal should have to suffer

I 100% agree.

I am all for eating steak and drinking Bessie's milk, but I do not believe the animal should be suffering...um, before they become my steak. :D

I agree with the person who commented that a person who hurts or abuses an animal is just a step away from doing that to a human. I think people who abuse animals should have much more hefty punishments to deal with. You to not hurt or torture a living thing. I don't care what it is.

If you are going to kill a spider, smash it. Don't rip off the legs and laugh. If you are going to go hunting don't make it be for sport alone. I am all for hunter's rights and around here is necessary or the deer would starve to death...but a person doesn't have to do it just to chop off the deer's head and mount it.

*The PeTA group tend to go off the deep end. Frrreaks.

Bugs I don't care about at all. My friends used to capture them and torture them because they'd be getting bit all day doing manual labor and it was the only way they could get revenge.

I hunt for sport, but I always make sure that the animal goes to good use. Usually I just sell it or give it to my friend's stepfather who knows how to clean and cook some real good venison.

Bugs I don't care about at all. My friends used to capture them and torture them because they'd be getting bit all day doing manual labor and it was the only way they could get revenge.

I hunt for sport, but I always make sure that the animal goes to good use. Usually I just sell it or give it to my friend's stepfather who knows how to clean and cook some real good venison.

At what size or type of living organism does it turn into something that should have rights at not being tortured?

Frogs, turtles, birds, lizards...?

I +1 with your hunting for sport comment. I believe men can hunt for sport IF they are caring for the animal and making use of it. Take the head and then give the meat to family/friends/meat houses.

Frogs, turtles, birds, and lizards don't live off your blood, poison you, or annoy the hell out of you while you're trying to build a house...

Is it true that a horse can never really move again if it breaks its leg or is that a rumor?

Also, you are right. But this would be the perfect time to send it to a restaurant.

Animals do not have the same will to live that humans use to fight for survival after a particularly traumatic injury (like two broken legs) so death is a natural response after such an injury. It is true that some horses have overcome an injury to a tendon or even one broken leg but those cases are rare. Horses very seldom lie down, even to sleep. Overwhelming pain to a horse is usually followed by a form of shock the same as humans except we can usually survive with intensive care.

The humane way to relieve their suffering is euthanasia.

Animals do not have the same will to live that humans use to fight for survival after a particularly traumatic injury (like two broken legs) so death is a natural response after such an injury. It is true that some horses have overcome an injury to a tendon or even one broken leg but those cases are rare. Horses very seldom lie down, even to sleep. Overwhelming pain to a horse is usually followed by a form of shock the same as humans except we can usually survive with intensive care.

The humane way to relieve their suffering is euthanasia.
True. When a human breaks a leg, he gets months of bed rest and walks on crutches. When a horse breaks a leg, he has to stand on it almost 24/7. He can't shift his weight too much to any other hoof because that could cause laminitis to devellop, which is even more painful than a broken leg.

Euthanasia is the easy, painless way out. Unless the horse is worth a lot of money as a stud, no one will usually even try to save most of the horses.

Back