Angry

Prapor

So... I am watching TV just now. 2,000,000 children in Russia quite literaly cannot go to kindergarden this year. 30,000 in Moscow alone. Birth rates have went up last few years, there are more children in the country, but many pre-school institutions have been closed in the 90s and early 2000s, some converted to, among other things, offices, homeless shelters, elderly citizens' housing, among other things. As for remaining open kindergardens, they demand bribes for placing children, corruption there is now at the level of police.

It makes me mad. Really, really mad. When a directress of a kindergarden is caught red-handed taking a bribe, and then the case is hushed up and she is back to work.

What really riles me is not so much the bribe taking, or the arrogance, the directress having her security guard force the reporter out of her office. That's pretty much commonplace here now. What pisses me off, is those people TAKE this!

Do you know, this sort of crap does not happen, for example, on our, Cossack territories. Know why? Because we know what sort of country we live in. So, we defend ourselves. We don't sit and take it. If that directress did something like that, shake a young mother down for bribes, in a Cossack community, and if a copper let her go afterward, quite simply, she will have her head bashed in with a baseball bat in the stairwell of her apartment building the next day, and the policeman too. Nobody would abuse our women and children, because they know, if they hit a Cossack child, if they mistreat a Cossack woman in some way, he or she will not go to police; they will go to their clan, to their ataman (elder), and tell him everything. And then the culprits will be found, and if they do not face a court of law, they will face the court of the clan. And there, there is only on punishment: death.

Chechens, and other North Caucasians; indegenous Siberian tribes, are the same way. But Russians are not like that. When corrupt court officials tried, with fake paperwork, to take a Cossack family's apartment from them, they complained to their clan. When the officials and several OMON paramilitray troops came to force the family out, they were ambushed, disarmed, tied up, and would have been lynched, was it not for local governor, himself a Cossack, who negotiated a way to keep them alive. In Moscow, Peterburg, and elsewhere in Central Russia, court people and coppers do this sort of thing, throw people out of their home all the time, and get away with it. Nobody ever fights back.

It is ridiculous! Russians want other nations in the Federation and the world to respect them. They should start by respecting themselves.

Back