Andromeda Strain - movie

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
What a pile of crap. The book was great but the movie... I can't even believe they had the nerve to call this "The Andromeda Strain."

Added:

Actually I have a better idea. They could have saved money by having the seals of all the services laid out on the ground and have a VD infected prostitute piss all over them for 4 hours. Might have actually been more entertaining.
Of the gazillion problems the film had, it just lacked any sense of believability. A soldier fires 4 or 5 shots at a reporter (running away in a straight line directly away from the soldier) at a range of barely 25-50 meters and the guy misses all 4 or 5 shots. At that range, against a standing adult, you'd have to TRY to miss.
Or in another case where some PMC or Special Forces guys were hunting for that same reporter guy, they could easily drive up and bust a cap in the reporter's ass but decide to snipe him from a distance (with an M-4!!). Of course the Andromeda thing comes in and kills the guy just in time. Not to mention, that SF / PMC guy took FOREVER to aim that that dude.
Oh, and the whole premise of the reporter showing up inside the US Army camp and not a single soldier suspecting a thing was such horsesh*t. Hey, where I served, if any outsider showed up, we all knew about it days in advance. If anyone like that showed up anywhere near where we served we'd stop him and have a guy check him out with the Personnel Office. The reporter didn't have a tag either which would have been a red flag in any case. Training or no training.

Last edited:
NYT says Andromeda Strain is a free advertisement for Greenpeace.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/26/arts/television/26andro.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

That's right. Although a lot of people here accuse the NYT of being overly liberal it seems like The Andromeda Strain was SO leftistly cliche that it made the NYT crew puke while watching it. Read the review. It gives a different angle on how one would view the New York Times. I thought it'd be fair to show the other face of the NYT.

Back