Andrew Jackson Quotes!

Bob7777

When I was going through the site I didn't see any Andrew Jackson quotes. I'm not sure if they are there, but if not the site needs some from the 7th U.S. President who was the hero of the Battle of New Orleans, involved in a few duels and founded the moderen Democratic party.
Here are some of his quotes that relate to war:

As long as our government is administered for the good of the people, and is regulated by their will; as long as it secures to us the rights of persons and of property, liberty of conscience and of the press, it will be worth defending.
Andrew Jackson

Elevate those guns a little lower.
Andrew Jackson

Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defense and its conscious that he gains protection while he gives it.
Andrew Jackson

No one need think that the world can be ruled without blood. The civil sword shall and must be red and bloody.
Andrew Jackson

One man with courage makes a majority.
Andrew Jackson

Peace, above all things, is to be desired, but blood must sometimes be spilled to obtain it on equable and lasting terms.
Andrew Jackson

Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.
Andrew Jackson

The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger.
Andrew Jackson

others that don't relate to war can also be found:
http://groups.msn.com/tbote/politics.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=12951&LastModified=4675583837858590145

Back