The Anders Behring Breivik Trial

mmarsh

As you all have been probably been reading the Anders Behring Breivik trial is underway in Oslo. Brevik has confessed to the murder of 77 people and other crimes.

Here's my thoughts. Its pretty obvious Brevik is a psychopath. I also believe the shrinks report that he is a paranoid schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur. Its also clear that he is a complete narcissist.

I think the best thing to do with him is not to imprison or execute him (which is off the table anyway as Norway has no DP) but to commit him to a insane asylum forever.

If he is really is crazy then he is not responsible for his actions and this type of hospital is the perfect environment. If I am wrong and he's sane evil bastard then having him institutionalized would be a punishment far worse than the other alternatives.

In Prison or dead he would be a martyr to other ultra rightwing nationists, but in the nuthouse he will condemned by society not as a freedom fighter but as another sad kook.

His political views would be treated by society as simply the raving of a madman and not the role he sees himself as a modern age Paul Revere.

Did you all notice how angry he got when he felt the court wasnt taking him seriously, that they were mocking him? That's classic narcassism.

And that my dear members, is something his ego fears more than anything else.

Well, it is pretty clear that this person is clinically insane, at least that is what he potrayed himself to be...

Like the line from TopGun- "Son... your ego is writing cheques your body can't cash..."

They just need to lock this guy up for a long time, while he recieves treatment for his illness.

It's pretty obvious that the narcissist-stamp will stick, while the other labels is a matter of debate between the shrinks.
ABB himself are struggeling hard to avoid the "insane-label" and would definately do anything he can to avoid being condemned to a mental institution.

Now the problem is that while he can be held in prison for practicly "life-time" a psych-ward is more of a limited sentence, at some point a board of shrinks could deem him "cured" and fit for reentring the society as a free man..

Essentialy a choice between plague and cholera.

I think we should see beyond this trial. Who knows how many would be Breviks there are in Europe. Extreme rightwingers are gaining strenght and in order to stop that we must take a honest look at our society and multiculturalism.

My opinion is that Breivik should not be labeled insane because he is not. This was a very well planned massacre.

The root cause must be dealt with.

Back