Amusing Air Stories

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
Friend sent a few. Oldies in some cases, but goodies.

#1:
Overheard during fleet week practice over the San Francisco Bay:

Nor Cal Approach: Bonanza 1-2-3-4, opposite direction traffic at your 1 o'clock, five miles, five hundred feet above you, Blue Angels flight of two.

Bonanza 1-2-3-4: Negative contact, say again type traffic.

Nor Cal: Two F-18s, blue and yellow. Currently at your one moving to two o'clock ... make that three o'clock ... um ... traffic no longer a factor. Caution, wake turbulence.

#2:
Identification by dialect...

While enjoying a chartered King Air flight, a fellow passenger and I were passing time trying to guess from what part of the country the crew originated. The conversation came to an abrupt end when we noticed one of the landing lights seemed to be shining oddly skyward.

Voice In The Cockpit: Look there, one landing light is possum huntin'.

My Friend: Deep south?

Me: I'll take that bet.

#3:
A fighter pilot called for a priority landing because his single-engine jet fighter was running, "a bit peaked." A controller responded and the lore follows...

ATC: Roger. You're number two behind a B-52. They've had to shut down an engine.

Fighter Pilot: Ah, yes ... the dreaded seven-engine approach.

:lol:

Identification by dialect...

While enjoying a chartered King Air flight, a fellow passenger and I were passing time trying to guess from what part of the country the crew originated. The conversation came to an abrupt end when we noticed one of the landing lights seemed to be shining oddly skyward.

Voice In The Cockpit: Look there, one landing light is possum huntin'.

My Friend: Deep south?

Me: I'll take that bet.

Hehe haven't heard this one yet and I am from the South.

Back