Ammo

Always wondered about the effectiveness of the Stielhandgranate over the standard one, does the "handle" actually help in any way seems it would be more accurate but heavy to carry.

Still one of the more iconic German weapons.

Always wondered about the effectiveness of the Stielhandgranate over the standard one, does the "handle" actually help in any way seems it would be more accurate but heavy to carry.

I would guess that you probably could throw them longer then the ordinary grenades at that time.
And the handle also would make sure that it didn't come back after you if you used it uphill. :D

I would guess that you probably could throw them longer then the ordinary grenades at that time.
And the handle also would make sure that it didn't come back after you if you used it uphill. :D

I don't have a whole lot of experience with the Stielhandgranate my understanding based on the design is that it is not a defensive grenade but rather an offensive in that the blast is more localised?

Is anyone still using a stick grenade as standard issue these days (RPGs excluded) I have not seen the design since WW2?

I don't have a whole lot of experience with the Stielhandgranate my understanding based on the design is that it is not a defensive grenade but rather an offensive in that the blast is more localised?

Is anyone still using a stick grenade as standard issue these days (RPGs excluded) I have not seen the design since WW2?
The Chinese copy was supplied to the Vietnamese during the Vietnam War.

The stick grenades where primarily offensive weapons designed to kill people or destroy obstacles/objects with the shock from the blast rather than from pieces of shrapnel.
But I think they also produced fragmentation caps that could be placed over the grenade if needed, but I don't know how effective those where.

Back