Is America's gun culture fading away?

It wasn't personal against you, bro, I was simply using your post to frame my thoughts (I did that earlier but it is buried pages back and I didn't want to disrupt the current flow).

Buddy, the reason WHY we have such a high crime rate (firearm related) is BECAUSE most people won't arm themselves and get training. Of course we're going to have ten times your gun crime rate: We have 100 times the guns y'all do. We are a free nation, not obliged to follow laws not aligned with our constitution. And before you go jumping on me, that is NOT a slam against your country! We simply have different laws here, and the guns are already here, and have been here for 200 years. Ban them all one wants, but they aren't going away (and I'll never give up mine - I fought for this country's freedoms, I have an honorable discharge, I have a right to my freedoms).

But put yourself in a criminal's shoes:

You're walking around wanting money for your drugs. You want my billfold. Are you REALLY going to take your tinkertoy Jennings .22 caliber rusty revolver and kill me while I am armed with a Kimber .45 with Ranger STX rounds, 2 spare mags, and 25 YEARS of practice training for that very scenario? Will you take that chance? Because I am NEVER alone, I am never in a place where I am alone, I am always aware of my surroundings. You may kill me in the hopes of $20, but those 10 other people that see you are going to kill you before you ever get to my wallet, period.

I don't advocate arming the uneducated. I advocate arming and educating. Your gun is always the last option, your brain always the first. Put a loaded gun in the hands of 90% of this country, then yes, it'd be catastrophe. But teach that 90%, educate them, train them, change their minds, and arming them means NO crime in this country.

Mark my words: A criminal wants an easy victim. 9 rounds of .45 ammo out of a quality gun in my hands is NOT an easy target.

Check fire before you blast me, bro - remember, this is just my opinion.

EDIT: EVERY SINGLE ONE of those shooting incidents you posted to 03 had other people around. What atrocity would have transpired if someone, ANYONE, would have stepped in with a gun and stopped those?

So much for 1-on-1 crime. You're destroying your own sources, bro. I still luv ya though!

I could just imagine an average American family sitting around the dinner table, tension has been simmering for days between dad and the eldest teenage son, a heated argument breaks out, and everyone (all well trained and educated) go for their guns! God help us!

I could just imagine an average American family sitting around the dinner table, tension has been simmering for days between dad and the eldest teenage son, a heated argument breaks out, and everyone (all well trained and educated) go for their guns! God help us!

Good thing your imagination has no bearing on reality.

We have guys kicked to death on a weekly basis, trying to protect their homes from packs of ferral youths, such that smirk even when convicted. We have little boys shot by ferral youths on bicycles etc. How I would like to see these monsters confronted. How good it would be if they considered - if I kick that front door in I might get a bullet right between the eyes.

It's the typical way we solve problems now.

Bad guy does something bad, legal people get reprimanded.
Illegal immigration is a problem, make legal immigration harder.
Dude with illegal firearm is a problem, make legal ownership harder.

I guess with millions and millions of lawyers, we have to put them to work one way or another. Why not just go ahead and screw up the whole country and suffocate people with laws that make no sense?

Criminals don`t need guns, just numbers or size. Arsonists can rub two sticks together, arson is the problem, not the sticks.

Criminals don`t need guns, just numbers or size. Arsonists can rub two sticks together, arson is the problem, not the sticks.

True although arsonists without sticks don't do so well and sticks can still burn with or without arsonists.

Folks, gun control --be it outright bans or restrictions -- is always a controversial topic, just as abortion, religion, politics, etc.

No need to get snitty with each other.

The majority of us on this board are or were soldiers, so we naturally gravitate to seeing guns as nothing more than tools. Not all of us, but we don't fear guns like many do.

Go look at Del Boy's link and read what happens when a populace is unarmed. This was no little old lady; it was a soldier, a sergeant - obviously someone capable of defending himself physically. But when it's 5 on 1, there's no defense no matter who you are or how well you're trained.

03USMC mentioned HR218, an American bill that allows police officers to carry in areas us regular Joes cannot. And he hit the nail on the head! It should be available to all.

This guy is a COP and he recognizes that places like Washington, DC and Detroit have the crime rates they do because of the gun restrictions. It's been proven time and time again: Crime INCREASES when you limit private firearm rights to carry. He's a cop and not afraid of us lowly peasants carrying, so why should anyone else be?

Mutual respect, folks.

Don't ever rely on mutual respect or fair play, or the government will have you all disarmed in a minute. It just takes one man like "The Toxic Dwarf" whom we had in Australia.

But there is certainly good cause for regulation. The problem being, that once the government start regulating, you can't stop them until there's nothing left to regulate..

Last edited:
Don't ever rely on mutual respect or fair play, or the government will have you all disarmed in a minute. It just takes one man like "The Toxic Dwarf" whom we had in Australia.

But there is certainly good cause for regulation. The problem being, that once the government start regulating, you can't stop them until there's nothing left to regulate..

I agree.

And, at the risk of sounding like a fundamentalist, the only way my government will ever disarm me is to kill me. When a judge has a right to ruin people's lives over a pair of pants, tying them up in a legal battle for over a year, suing for 65 million dollars (for a $40 pair of pants), and the government worries about my guns, which have ruined no lives EVER, then I'll go to the grave fighting that.

The fact that gun control is still even on the table as debatable in this country is a testament to this country's "leadership" stupidity and inability to prioritize issues.

I fought too hard and too long for this country to have no rights here myself. So some liberal p*ssy judge can file frivolous lawsuits and American Idol can make the masses even more stupid than they are already? No thanks.

Leave me to mine, I'll leave you to yours. Knock on my door and demand my guns, you're not leaving me to mine and my right to defend myself and my family. Just not going to happen.

What happened to Spain some 700 years ago is repeating itself here in America. Not to be a pessimist, but I am sick of it.

Like you said, my friend, give big brother a chance to restrict one thing, they'll restrict everything.

Come on, military coup!

Back