Is America's gun culture fading away?

Personally, I don't even understand why there are so many damn laws. Everyone should know this formula:

Quality of Lawyer Affordable + Time Affordable - Media coverage = Chances of winning the law suite.

People who fear guns are those who don't understand it and I feel many of us who know our way around our firearms feel that if you outlaw firearms, you might as well outlaw kitchen knives and hammers as well. Regulate some of those as well then? Only kitchen knives that cannot penetrate human flesh with an Arnold Schwarzenegger stabbing with all his might are permitted.
Air filled hammers that go squeak when hit permitted only.

Amendment II, United States Constitution

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As a Law Enforcement Officer, Member of the Military, or as a civilian of these United States of America. The people are the boss, not the other way around. I derive my power and authority as a Law Enforcement Officer by that vested in me through the People of the Great State of Florida. They have the power, not I.

Law Abiding Citizens have the legal right to keep and bear arms for self defense. HR218 in my opinion is a slap in the face of the people. It says right there that the lowly citizen does not have the right to self defense. The United States of America was not founded as a nation of Social Classes of Nobility. Just because I am a police officer does not mean that I should have more rights then you, the civilian.

When HR218 was passed, it should have been for every citizen in these United States of America. Not for Law Enforcement Officers only.

I was an American Citizen and a civilian before I was a Soldier and a Police Officer. The rights that I swore to defend and uphold are those that I myself believe should be available to every single law abiding citizen.

'Nuff Said....

Last edited:
Amendment II, United States Constitution

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As a Law Enforcement Officer, Member of the Military, or as a civilian of these United States of America. The people are the boss, not the other way around. I derive my power and authority as a Law Enforcement Officer by that vested in me through the People of the Great State of Florida. They have the power, not I.

Law Abiding Citizens have the legal right to keep and bear arms for self defense. HR218 in my opinion is a slap in the face of the people. It says right there that the lowly citizen does not have the right to self defense. The United States of America was not founded as a nation of Social Classes of Nobility. Just because I am a police officer does not mean that I should have more rights then you, the civilian.

When HR218 was passed, it should have been for every citizen in these United States of America. Not for Law Enforcement Officers only.

I was an American Citizen and a civilian before I was a Soldier and a Police Officer. The rights that I swore to defend and uphold are those that I myself believe should be available to every single law abiding citizen.

'Nuff Said....

Why the HELL aren't you running for office? Too honest?

Dude, I'd vote for you in a heartbeat! We have GOT to get together and have a beer when I am done with this move.

Thanks for all your service!

One of America's finest sons (5.56) is foreign born. Try getting people to understand that. Imagine he was turned around. It'd be a loss beyond words.
I hope Florida continues to keep the second amendment alive.
I also hope to make the trip down to Florida and meet both of you sometime.

Why the HELL aren't you running for office? Too honest?

Dude, I'd vote for you in a heartbeat! We have GOT to get together and have a beer when I am done with this move.

Thanks for all your service!

Because I'm too young, I don't have enough money, and lastly I don't want to get into politics. I feel that the less I get involved in making choices for other people the better I am.

Maybe in twenty or thirty years I'll run for Senate or Governor or Mayor but I will never run for the white house. Right now I'm just happy being where I am.

Also I fear that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It's the system that gets you.
You can't get in without the money and the ones who "donate" want returns for their investment... which is what it really is. By then they got you by the balls and unless you're ready to destroy yourself and get nothing done, you gotta cooperate. So you might as well not run in the first place.
That's how it usually ends up.

Back