Americas Army Game

--

January 16th, 2004  
JediDurron

Topic: Americas Army Game

I was wondering if any of y'all play Americas Army Operations.
January 16th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Yup I play it all the time (well played it, my bro's comp fried out so I can't anymore ). I got a copy from a recruiter when it first came out. I was wondering, is it terribly accurate? My brother says it is (he's in the Army). I think its a great idea for a recruiting tool too.
January 16th, 2004  
Pogue

I used to play it, but uninstalled it..hm...now i'm interested in firing it back up
--
January 16th, 2004  
Redneck

Believe it or not, Cadet Command wants to use the game as a training element for ROTC. Haha, and people wonder why everyone makes fun of us.

I want to be in ROTC
Real Army makes fun of me
R-O-T-C
Make fun of me

January 16th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I've seen some stuff about other virtual reality RPG-like games being used in training, but not a normal computer game...

Theres one thing I don't get. The game is based on the real training, right? So why use the game in the real training? It doesn't make sense. Its like eating a wax banana. Its a replica of the real thing, so why use it for the real thing...
January 16th, 2004  
Redneck

Heck, they invented Doom as a training tool for the Jarheads.
January 16th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

You know thats almost believable.
January 16th, 2004  
Redneck

Well I ain't lying.
January 16th, 2004  
Pogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Believe it or not, Cadet Command wants to use the game as a training element for ROTC. Haha, and people wonder why everyone makes fun of us.

I want to be in ROTC
Real Army makes fun of me
R-O-T-C
Make fun of me

there's a cadence that goes
R O T C
Patch on my shoulder~
Pick up your books and follow me
Army wannabe

hahaha
January 18th, 2004  
JediDurron

if you play aao can you give out your username and the map you play....I am known as TDS_JediCrow_{CA} there