America's Army 3

C/MSG Paradela

Who is excited about America's Army 3? It is being released in 2 days! For all of you who do not know it is supposed to be a simulation of what its like to be a soldier in the U.S. Army. Supposedly the first one was used as a training program for soldiers, whether it or the subsequent America's Army games are still used is unbeknown to me. The best part about this game is that it is free! It can be downloaded from Steam, I already have mine preloaded so once it comes out all I have to do is install the .exe file and I am ready to go.

Also, who is excited about Modern Warfare 2? It looks pretty cool, but I didn't like the whole heart monitor on the rifle idea, or the snowmobile idea either. I think that the tanks ruined WAW so I am hoping that they don't add tanks to MW2.

i played the first one, in the beginning it was fun, but with other online games coming out like Batlefield2 it got old really fast. Maybe the 3th one will be much better. lets wait and see.

I downloaded it so I'll be giving it a test run today!
Reviews to come.

ADDED:
The registration is taking forever! I guess their server is pretty much stretched to the limit.

Last edited:
So far some bugs.
It doesn't let me move on to the next stage of training upon completion and passing of a test. Even if I qualify expert, it says I failed, but when I quit the game and come back, it unlocks the next stage of training.
Next, I restarted the game but my soldier was missing so it's like the thing just lost my file. I don't know if that character will ever come back again along with the records etc.
I guess it really is just like being in the Army!

Yeah I played AA back when it first came out but I lost my soldier. When I lost all my sniper qualifications I pretty much gave up on it.

The weirdest thing about AA is that there are more realistic shooters out there. I'm picking up ArmA 2 in a few days, hopefully it will run passably, I hear it's a real hog.

Update on AA3 news:
It doesn't work and it's not just me, it's everybody.
It claims there is a single player mode but there isn't one.
I can't join a network game and turns out that's the case for almost everyone.

ADDED:
If you turn off the Honor option with the network games, you can join and play. It takes some getting used to though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I read a couple days ago that the AA3 developers were sacked. But they say that it's not their fault, their funds are going to administrators. Wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, I read a couple days ago that the AA3 developers were sacked. But they say that it's not their fault, their funds are going to administrators. Wouldn't be surprised.

They weren't sacked exactly, they were on contracts and they just didn't get their contracts renewed. So they knew it was coming. It wasn't really their fault either, It was the people running the Authorization Servers, a totally independent company.

Anyway despite the major bugs at the beginning with training and no connection, The problems seem to be ironed out slightly, I'm able to get into servers and play now. The game is great, Graphics are nice, not as good as Crysis or CoD4 but still visually decent compared to AA2. Snipers/SDM have it bad though seeing as their only one spot available and usually only opens up when it's a full house and even then no guarantee you'll get the spot. For those who haven't played it, It's a lot more team based, meaning, you have a better chance of making it through the round if you stick together, this also makes for better game play.

They promote this by giving points for tasks other than shooting, such as, being in proximity of someone completing an objective, healing or reviving someone, completing an objective yourself, confirming an enemy*, and of course taking an enemy down.

*When you shoot someone there's a chance you could incapacitate them instead of killing them, which means the're down and can't move until someone on their team revives them or you get to them first and secure them which at that point they're out of the round.

Sounds a lot like what they had planned for Insurgency, with the points based on the Marine command structure and such. It didn't work on pubs.

Anyway despite the major bugs at the beginning with training and no connection, The problems seem to be ironed out slightly, I'm able to get into servers and play now.......

That's good to know, I dl'd AA, installed it all, but could never seem to pick up a connexion and ultimately got frustrated and left it be......

If you're up and playing, maybe I'll give it another shot... :)

Back