Americans : why would you befriend an israeli if you don't consider Israel an ally ?

you view the UK , Canada , France and other countries as allies , while viewing Israel as a liability and not an ally , since Israel never sent a soldier to help you with your wars. so why would you welcome israelis to the USA and befriend them if you view Israel badly and the countries I mentioned positively ?

you view the UK , Canada , France and other countries as allies , while viewing Israel as a liability and not an ally , since Israel never sent a soldier to help you with your wars. so why would you welcome israelis to the USA and befriend them if you view Israel badly and the countries I mentioned positively ?
Those other countries actually "help" the US whereas Israel is only an ungrateful burden. Totally unwilling to act as an Ally would, with some of their more notable acts of duplicity and treachery listed by me earlier.

As has already been said, "with a friend like Israel who needs enemies" It's only a combination of US diplomacy and individual political self interest that prevents them telling it like it is.

Last edited:
Israel is to the US like riding a bike over frozen plowed land with a boil on your rear end and the US keeps on biking regardless of the size of the boil

It was originally an alliance of convenience for the US (or so they thought), but slowly they are waking up that it has never been to their advantage, in fact, Israel is only a millstone around their neck, but they can't risk the US Jewish political backlash if they try to break off the current arrangements.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Only in the last few years are we starting to see the US make discrete moves to slowly distance themselves from Israel.

Last edited:
The interesting thing about the US Jewish lobby is that it is aging and less and less of modern American Jews share the same opinion of Israel that the previous generation has and when you couple that with a more affluent and growing American Muslim community who will need to be courted for votes it is entirely likely that the Jewish lobby is going to struggle to maintain its power which is why I think you are now starting to see groups like AIPAC forced out of the shadows and into the sunlight.

It was originally an alliance of convenience for the US (or so they thought), but slowly they are waking up that it has never been to their advantage, in fact, Israel is only a millstone around their neck, but they can't risk the US Jewish political backlash if they try to break off the current arrangements.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Only in the last few years are we starting to see the US make discrete moves to slowly distance themselves from Israel.

I think it is rather the Right Christian groups within the US that have allied themselves with the Israeli cause, more so than the Jewish population in the US

I think it is rather the Right Christian groups within the US that have allied themselves with the Israeli cause, more so than the Jewish population in the US
You have a point there, as does MontyB in his post above.

Also, I feel that to a large degree Congress is still populated by too many political dinosaurs living in the policies of the past, and having been part of the group who put them in place, they are unwilling to be seen to change as this might indicate that they were in initially wrong.

You have a point there, as does MontyB in his post above.

Also, I feel that to a large degree Congress is still populated by too many political dinosaurs living in the policies of the past, and having been part of the group who put them in place, they are unwilling to be seen to change as this might indicate that they were in initially wrong.

I think you are right there. It seems the political entities in the US haven't caught the will of the people. The support for Israel is declining in the US and when this reaches the Congress.......Israel will be left alone. The time is not working for Israel

I think you are right there. It seems the political entities in the US haven't caught the will of the people. The support for Israel is declining in the US and when this reaches the Congress.......Israel will be left alone. The time is not working for Israel

Not soon enough as far as I'm concerned. I just hope it happens before we get pulled into another conflict on their behalf.

Don't worry, given the chance Israel will fight to the last military aged youth in the US and the last dollar in your Treasury.

As much as I have little faith in politicians, I'm hoping they will wake up long before it has reached that stage.

Back