Americans think Europeans are just.....




View Poll Results :When it comes to the way Americans view Europeans, which of the following statements do you feel rep
US feels admiration for Europeans. 3 5.00%
Europe is basically ungrateful. 11 18.33%
Europeans are rich but weak. 1 1.67%
Nice people but incapable. 3 5.00%
Americans should learn from Europe. 6 10.00%
Europe should learn from US. 5 8.33%
Europe is some countries ok and some others no good. 16 26.67%
Europe is totally incomprehensible to Americans. 2 3.33%
There's a deep kinship: they're our brothers anyways. 5 8.33%
There's a strong mutual and thought-upon trust between us. 8 13.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

 
--
Boots
 
May 6th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 

Topic: Americans think Europeans are just.....


Alright I know I'm maybe going too far in posting polls. If so just stop me.
I thought it mite be interesting to know how Americans see Europeans.
So please only americans vote here.
Everybody's welcome to post his/her opinion.
I'm not voting either since I'm not American.

P.S. I believe the way Israelis view Europe is way harsher than the way Americans do. Correct me if I'm wrong Sherman.

VOTE VOTE VOTE !!!!!!!
May 6th, 2004  
Redneck
 
 
It's kind of hard to vote here, Italian, there are a few too many countries in Europe to generalize them.
May 6th, 2004  
Darkmb101
 
True, i dont even know how many countries are even in Europe. Also i have never visited any of them, even though i want to, so i cant give u an opinion because i dont have one.
--
Boots
May 6th, 2004  
Razor
 
When I was in Italy most of the Americans said: Europe is some countries ok and some others no good.
May 7th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 
Well I know one cant have an experienced point of view on every country in Europe- I dont even have it myself. But that would be interesting in the sense that an opinion would reflect what's being said in the US. Or is Europe so much ignored in the States ? We always talk about the US you guys dont talk about Europe ?

If it's so many countries and hard to tell then I guess you guys Darkmb and RedNeck should give your vote to the some ok and some others no good option.
May 7th, 2004  
RnderSafe
 
 
I can't speak on how Ameicans tend to feel or think about Europe and Europeans in general, but I can say how most seem to think about the Irish. When I first came to the states, everyone assumed I would talk like that horrid Lucky Charms character, drank morning, noon and night, only ate potatoes and spent my quiet time in a mud house surrounded by my farm animals. They all figured I must have been a member of the IRA at least at some point in my life and that I had a deep quelling hatred for the British. Many also considered me to be naive and somewhat dumb. It is truly amazing I stayed.
May 7th, 2004  
Redneck
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
I can't speak on how Ameicans tend to feel or think about Europe and Europeans in general, but I can say how most seem to think about the Irish. When I first came to the states, everyone assumed I would talk like that horrid Lucky Charms character, drank morning, noon and night, only ate potatoes and spent my quiet time in a mud house surrounded by my farm animals. They all figured I must have been a member of the IRA at least at some point in my life and that I had a deep quelling hatred for the British. Many also considered me to be naive and somewhat dumb. It is truly amazing I stayed.

[foot]You mean that ain't true, Sir? [/mouth]

Quote:
RedNeck should give your vote to the some ok and some others no good option.
Now you're telling me how to vote, too? Dang, pretty soon I won't ever have to think for myself again.

Anyway, I got nothing against any country in Europe, I may not think too highly of some of them because they don't do what I want them to, but that's not exactly my place (telling countries what to do that is ), but I can't say as I think of them as "bad."
May 7th, 2004  
Marksman
 
 
Well I think USA fels a need to be respected from Europians cos they saved are ass in WW2!!
May 10th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 
I'm not giving orders to anyone here ! Well yep I'm interested in your opinions. Nice to see you guys are voting... and funny how RnderSafe's trying to hide his farming roots back when he was an IRA militiaman.
Lol
Please keep voting!
May 10th, 2004  
AlexKall
 
Its hard to speak for someone else

And im not alloved to vote