Americans think Europeans are just..... - Page 4




View Poll Results :When it comes to the way Americans view Europeans, which of the following statements do you feel rep
US feels admiration for Europeans. 3 5.00%
Europe is basically ungrateful. 11 18.33%
Europeans are rich but weak. 1 1.67%
Nice people but incapable. 3 5.00%
Americans should learn from Europe. 6 10.00%
Europe should learn from US. 5 8.33%
Europe is some countries ok and some others no good. 16 26.67%
Europe is totally incomprehensible to Americans. 2 3.33%
There's a deep kinship: they're our brothers anyways. 5 8.33%
There's a strong mutual and thought-upon trust between us. 8 13.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

 
--
Boots
 
May 19th, 2004  
Pollux
 
SH was a threat to US?
explain that a bit more please.....

What WMDs? Did they find some?
I think as long as they dont find some, the people have the right to be sceptic
June 7th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 
New joiners are welcome to vote here, too. Thank you.
--
Boots
June 9th, 2004  
Damien435
 
 
Basically my problem with them is this, they are ungrateful for our bailing them out of WWII, in WWI we helped, but they were already winning, or were atleast at a standstill with Germany. Now they like to think they are equal to the US, they are not, we could crush any country in the world in a conventional battle, I say conventional because no one wins in a nuclear exchange, for example, France's blocking of our resolution in the UN to allow us to go into Iraq, afterwords we proved that the UN has no real power without the US and we found French Weapons that were illegally sold to Iraq and shipped through Syria.
June 9th, 2004  
Marksman
 
 
Wow,that are some serious conclusions you got there Damien
June 9th, 2004  
AlexKall
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Basically my problem with them is this, they are ungrateful for our bailing them out of WWII, in WWI we helped, but they were already winning, or were atleast at a standstill with Germany. Now they like to think they are equal to the US, they are not, we could crush any country in the world in a conventional battle, I say conventional because no one wins in a nuclear exchange, for example, France's blocking of our resolution in the UN to allow us to go into Iraq, afterwords we proved that the UN has no real power without the US and we found French Weapons that were illegally sold to Iraq and shipped through Syria.
Thats quite anti europe there. You have to remember that operations like Overlord would probebly not have been forseable without the support of the french and british forces. To say that USA bailed europe out is not quite right, we might not have done it without the US but the US would not have been able to do it by them self either.

We should all be glad that we all togather put an end to the tyranic empire of hitler.
June 9th, 2004  
RnderSafe
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
I dont doubt that SH had connection with terrorist, but the question and one of the reasons to war was, did SH have connections to Al Queada which was diaproved, they (Bin and SH) pretty much haded/hates each other. That was the initail reasons for war.
No, the initial reasons given for the war were because Hussein was reported to have WMDs and was a threat to the US.

And when was it proved that there is no connection between Al'Q and the Ba'athists? Because Bin Laden and Hussein disagreed over fanatical Islam, and "hated" each other - this is proof there is no connection? That is pretty weak, Alex.
June 10th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
I dont doubt that SH had connection with terrorist, but the question and one of the reasons to war was, did SH have connections to Al Queada which was diaproved, they (Bin and SH) pretty much haded/hates each other. That was the initail reasons for war.
No, the initial reasons given for the war were because Hussein was reported to have WMDs and was a threat to the US.

And when was it proved that there is no connection between Al'Q and the Ba'athists? Because Bin Laden and Hussein disagreed over fanatical Islam, and "hated" each other - this is proof there is no connection? That is pretty weak, Alex.
Indeed. You'd better go look up Answar al-Islam org, Alex. The trait d'union between Qaeda and SH.
June 10th, 2004  
1217
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Basically my problem with them is this, they are ungrateful for our bailing them out of WWII, in WWI we helped, but they were already winning, or were atleast at a standstill with Germany.
You talk like you had something to do with the libiration of Europe. I just checked your profile, you're 17.
If you think that the US came to Europe out of the goodness of their hearts, (in wich case you're wrong) gratitude still isn't something you demand, it's something you get. Don't judge all Europeans at once with an idea like that, we still have a memorial day each year for all the people killed in WWII. But being grateful doesn't mean "we" Europeans always have to agree with the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Now they like to think they are equal to the US, they are not, we could crush any country in the world in a conventional battle, I say conventional because no one wins in a nuclear exchange
Are you serious? That's no way to measure equality!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
for example, France's blocking of our resolution in the UN to allow us to go into Iraq, afterwards we proved that the UN has no real power without the US and we found French Weapons that were illegally sold to Iraq and shipped through Syria.
Not that I think that France had the right to do that but 1) Europe isn't just France, and 2) I think the US did lots of thing that are remarkably similar to what you accuse France of.
June 10th, 2004  
AlexKall
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
I dont doubt that SH had connection with terrorist, but the question and one of the reasons to war was, did SH have connections to Al Queada which was diaproved, they (Bin and SH) pretty much haded/hates each other. That was the initail reasons for war.
No, the initial reasons given for the war were because Hussein was reported to have WMDs and was a threat to the US.

And when was it proved that there is no connection between Al'Q and the Ba'athists? Because Bin Laden and Hussein disagreed over fanatical Islam, and "hated" each other - this is proof there is no connection? That is pretty weak, Alex.
I should also have said that they could not connect, give proof, that there ware any connections between SH and Al Queda. I'm sorry about that error.