Americans in Iran?

phoenix80

Banned
Americans in Iran?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many in America believe that traveling to Iran would be a very dangerous and foolish thing. What would you believe would happen to a group of (mainly) American Astronomers if they were to travel to Iran? How would the Iranian people treat them? Would they be safe? [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This short video segment highlights the odd situation where the government of a country is openly hostile towards America while at the same time the people are incredibly welcoming and appreciative of their presence. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
From an 18 day tour of Iran May 28 - June 14 2004
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Broadband Internet - online video stream[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may view a "stream" of the sample video here [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OR... Download the video[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Currently only available in Windows Media Player format[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Broadband Internet - download[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]High Quality - 23MB File (right click and choose save-as) NOTE: 23MB file[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For Dialup Users - download[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I know that some people visiting this page only have Dial-Up and for this reason I have created the download in several different quality format and even split into several files so you can download the video in pieces.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Single File - 7MB [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Part 1 2Mb - What Iranians think about how America views Iran
Part 2 2MB - Scenes around Iran plus the Venus Transit viewing at the Tomb of Cyrus the Great (Pasagard)
Part 3 1MB - Scenes from the Venus Transit Conference at Sharif University in Tehran
Part 4 3MB - General Random Scenes from all the places we visited.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This video is just a short sequence of interviews with Iranians and other video clips picked from among the more than 23 hours of video captured while Liam Kennedy was on this 18 day tour of Iran. The venus transit tour brought the American Astronomers into contact with many Iranians all around the country from all walks of life. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This video will be produced into a documentary for airing on national PBS or other TV channels.[/FONT]

http://www.astronomywithoutborders.com/

sure the majority is nice...

but still... it doesn't explain why theres so many banners and writings stating that they hate americans.

but i am not against the people of Iran at all... only their leader

Morten, a lot of demonstrations in all countries are very small, paid groups of around 100 people with all the props necessary and a savvy cameraman who cuts and splices different scenes of different demonstrations and passes it off as one demonstration.

but hating america is a real subject in iran,we never forget your help toiraq in war and arming it with chemical and modern weapons.also american government and nation is seperateed in Iranians mind,we don't hate peoples but we never welcome any foriegn army and we never let others to forced us to cease our rights...

Esika said:
but hating america is a real subject in iran,we never forget your help toiraq in war and arming it with chemical and modern weapons.also american government and nation is seperateed in Iranians mind,we don't hate peoples but we never welcome any foriegn army and we never let others to forced us to cease our rights...

speak for yourself, crazy dude!

Go peddle your :cen: :cen: hatred somewhere else and dont speak on behalf of us, Iranians.

phoenix80 said:
speak for yourself, crazy dude!

Go peddle your :cen: :cen: hatred somewhere else and dont speak on behalf of us, Iranians.

And, suddenly, a voice of hope from the fog of hatred.:wink:

I don't Iran, I hate the Despotic Regime and it's supporters. I truly believe that the United States of America and her allies should invade to support the underground resistance movement. Democracy and freedom need to once again be a part of the daily lives of the Iranian People.

Esika said:

Well, we did help Iran first until your country turned on us and took our citizens hostage.

we don't need your help.you help us enough!
you show us what you really are,and millions iraqi children who died becuse lack of critical drug,are the evidence...
leave us alone,or,it coast you heavy!

we have a traditional behaviour,we welcome guest,but we never welcome enemy!and for someone who named himself Iranian,when our mens died in front because americans help iraqis,the hate is grown up and it doesn't matter,we most keep it against who shot a plane 747 by misile and take the capitan medal of hunnor,yes babe,we hate americans,from deepest place of our heart!

Last edited:
Esika said:
we don't need your help.you help us enough!
you show us what you really are,and millions iraqi children who died becuse lack of critical drug,are the evidence...
leave us alone,or,it coast you heavy!

speak for your own self, dude!

you cant speak on behalf of 60 milion Iranians.

and you can't speack on half of some damned immigrants who ruan away from their country,I don't believe government datas about election,but so many people participate and elect ahmadinezhad,and that is the truth,the thing you never want!

5.56X45mm said:
I don't Iran, I hate the Despotic Regime and it's supporters. I truly believe that the United States of America and her allies should invade to support the underground resistance movement. Democracy and freedom need to once again be a part of the daily lives of the Iranian People.

What underground resistance movement? This is not like Basra, there is no Shia uprising. Believe it or not Iranians support their government. Wether it is a free and open society is another matter. Invading? Sounds Gung ho to me.

Saudi Arabia has an undeground resistance movement, plus this statement
5.56X45mm said:
Democracy and freedom need to once again be a part of the daily lives of the Iranian People.
is very true of that country.

What underground resistance movement? This is not like Basra, there is no Shia uprising. Believe it or not Iranians support their government. Wether it is a free and open society is another matter. Invading? Sounds Gung ho to me.

beg your pardon?

Iranians detest their dictatorship and that is a fact!

Have you ever heard any thing about 1980 attempted military coup against the Mullahs?

Have you heard about 1988 mass killings of political prisoners?

Did you try to read about 1999, 2001, 2003 student demonstrations through out Iran?

Stop supporting the Mullahs with the notion that since there r sham elections in Iran, then we support the clerics.

No... the elections in Iran are riggid and results are worthless.

People have no choices to make and the entire mullahcracy enjoys Max 15% of population support.

Last edited:
I am not worried,you should worry about oil price and Iraq crisis and south lebanon,not us!

and bye bye!I have bio exam and most read more!see you soon,take care of yourself and read more your media,find nothing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry? You have elections, just because Iranians voted a hardliner in you think it is rigged?

not fraudulent

I don't doubt that the Iranian governments past has been poor - but what were the choices? Rafsanjani? Possibly the most corrupt (and one of the richest) man in Iran

The turnout was 60% and the present incumbent got 61.9% of that vote. I'm not denying he is an idiot, or that he is dangerous. I'm just saying that he got a hell of a lot of votes. If anyone had the cash and resource to fiddle things it was
Rafsanjani, not Ahmadinejad - he got in on a hardline ticket.

headspace said:
Sorry? You have elections, just because Iranians voted a hardliner in you think it is rigged?

not fraudulent

I don't doubt that the Iranian governments past has been poor - but what were the choices? Rafsanjani? Possibly the most corrupt (and one of the richest) man in Iran

The turnout was 60% and the present incumbent got 61.9% of that vote. I'm not denying he is an idiot, or that he is dangerous. I'm just saying that he got a hell of a lot of votes. If anyone had the cash and resource to fiddle things it was
Rafsanjani, not Ahmadinejad - he got in on a hardline ticket.

that is why I think leftists are no friend of real freedom. more than 1000 people including reformers were excluded in the first place by an un-elected body belonging to the supreme leader's office.

the majority boycotted the riggid election and then militants came in numbers and voted for this stupid president as ordered.

This guy was selected by the office of supreme leader in a sham election

Do you call this a democracy?

phoenix80 said:
more than 1000 people including reformers were excluded in the first place by an un-elected body belonging to the supreme leader's office.

Yes, I agree that move was undemocratic and I remember it distinctly. I also agree that the Iranian democratic system is not perfect.

the Saudi system is worse, the Chinese system is worse, the Pakistan system is worse, the Uzbekistan system is worse.

Oh, and look here - the US don't really care about Democracy anyway

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Countries deemed undemocratic by the State Department that nevertheless rank among the largest recipients of U.S. military aid and sales include Saudi Arabia ($1.1 billion in 2003), Egypt ($1.0 billion), Kuwait ($153 million), United Arab Emirates ($110 million), and Uzbekistan ($33 million).
Source clicky

My point is that we can't take the high ground with Iran on Democracy - it's too shaky - we need another argument to justify military action.
[/FONT]

Joesph Stalin but it best...

"It's not who votes that's important, it's who counts the votes that's important."

headspace said:
Yes, I agree that move was undemocratic and I remember it distinctly. I also agree that the Iranian democratic system is not perfect.

the Saudi system is worse, the Chinese system is worse, the Pakistan system is worse, the Uzbekistan system is worse.

Oh, and look here - the US don't really care about Democracy anyway

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Source clicky

My point is that we can't take the high ground with Iran on Democracy - it's too shaky - we need another argument to justify military action.
[/FONT]

I do believe the post 9/11 USA cares about democracy

Back