Are Americans any different?

Worse comes to worst you can always buy an old oil platform in international waters and own any weapon you like. Hell you could rent them to bored rich people. "Ever wanted to fire a real fire-and-forget anti-tank missile? Now you can, for the low price of $70,000!"

It's something you wouldn't understand because it involves a process known as thinking.
According to your line of thought, America shouldn't be the home of the brave. It would be the land of people who couldn't hack it back home. But that isn't the case is it?

What are you talking about? This thread is not about change. Did you post on the wrong thread?

"it's really time for you to fit in or go."
Here in the US there is no requirement to "fit in". When the going gets tough, as you have all ready stated, leaving is what you do.

"I'll move on and fight for someone else."
Who would want you? You have explained your willingness to give up. As far as fighting, from your own statements, that isn't going to happen.

Look at your little slogan.
"I sold my soul to the devil, and the price was cheap."

More likely you couldn't give it away.:p

Last edited:
It's something you wouldn't understand because it involves a process known as thinking.
According to your line of thought, America shouldn't be the home of the brave. It would be the land of people who couldn't hack it back home. But that isn't the case is it?
So, which is it?
I either have a line of thought, or I wouldn't understand because it requires thinking?
I like your cute little cami kitty with the bow avatar.:)

Yeah because I don't require a hard ass avatar to show how "tough" I am.

Again, you avoided my point completely because you have no answer.
A great deal of Americans who came from Europe came because they left home due to either poverty, oppression or any combination of several factors. According to your line of thought then, they should be cowards because they never stood their ground in Europe. No, they should have stayed and have fought to the very bitter end.
So it's brave when people leave and go to America in search of a better life and cowardly when someone leaves America in search of a better life? Just how is that supposed to make any sense?

Caution. Mother lode of rant.

First of all, I'd like to point out that I'm not the resident expert on politics, forms of government, arms, or anything much else that I'm about to mention. Most of it is opinions and bits I've picked up, so If I'm wrong, feel free to set me straight...

But as a few have said (read up to about page six) the world isn't a nice place. I spent my near year in camp bucca iraq, and certainly didn't get anything particularly "exciting" during that time period. But having been stationed in kadena Okinawa, and spent that brief stint in the sandbox, it's rather amazing how widely my horizons have been opened.
But then again, I joined when I was 17 (graduated BMT on my 18th, hellofa birthday present) so it's been quite the bit of transition.

The world is largely a shitty place. People are ruthless and uncaring, also vastly deluded about how much society has "evolved". Really, things haven't changed that much. Sure, we went from horses to cars and scimitars and bows to AK-47's and RPG-7's, but in terms of society, there are still peasants, serfs, nobles, and royalty. Nobles (politicians) and royalty (those in high places of government and business) still consider themselves vastly above the peasants and serfs.Brigands and raiders are always in style, and the common man is always ready to prey upon his unwary fellow.

No nation was ever founded and empire forged by nice, caring, empathetic people. Another irrefutable fact is that all empires fall. America will one day, and either that's through outside intervention, or a cancer within our system of government..well...that's still up in the air, it seems.
Though last time I checked, America was a democratic republic, with it's (common) people protected through the constitutional rights and the various amendments. But do you ever hear, from the news media, or politicians, or TV in general (I stopped watchin years ago) about our constitution or democratic republic?
Not from what I've seen or heard. All you ever hear is "Democracy". Maybe it's to work people into thinking that our system of government is something that it's not so when it becomes something else entirely, people wont realize it. Maybe it has something to do with the way that our amendments are being violated without recourse (to my knowledge, the fifth amendment states that the government cannot seize anything without proper and complete compensation (A fragment of the amendment). To my knowledge, when the government "bought" 60% of GM's stocks, no one got paid, or recompensed.

I'm sure there are other instances, but naturally, it's not something they would be playing on the pro-obama/messiah news media. Though regardless, I digress, the second amendment.
Many people in America have never had to pick up their arms and defend themselves, much less have actually held a weapon or have a decent understanding and respect for them. Most of these people happen to be liberals in my experience, though none the less, would people indeed, fight for their rights were the government to violate our constitutional amendment?
I'm sure some would be dissuaded by the violence or fear of breaking the law, or doing something against the will of big brother, thinking it un-patriotic. Though in a nation, founded by people who questioned the legitimacy,fairness and equality of their government, I would think some might remember how people had fought for their rights before, against impossible odds, and yet, prevailed.

Now, this might not be an exact quote, but to my knowledge, Benjamin Franklin had once said "A man who is willing to give up his freedoms, for security, deserves neither freedom nor security.". I'm sure there's plenty of other good quotes regarding such a situation, but in the end, I guess it comes down to the willingness of the police and military to carry out such a violation, just as much as the people.

We are all Americans, after all. The employees of government agencies and police are not faceless creatures of inexplicable will and plotting, despite the mask that society puts on them, and that they are encouraged to enact.
So in closing of my rant, I can't say whither I would fight or not, because I've never been in that kind of situation. I will however, say that while I may not be john rambo, I am no coward, and would be willing to protect my countrymen and their rights, as well as my own.

1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg

Last edited:
Since the election last fall, gun and ammo sales have skyrocketed. What does that tell you?

It tells me that the President and the left are putting a squeeze on certain ammunition for guns. I talked to someone who hunts a lot, and he said that the ammo he wants is 30-45 dollars a box because the government wants to not ban but limit guns. It's sad really. I don't believe this country will give up guns, too many people love their guns. If the government announced that, it would seem like totalitarianism or something.

The general price of copper and a lot of other metals have skyrocketed as of late. It's affecting more than just gun owners.

Ammunition prices in South Africa have doubled in the past 6 months.

Even those who reloaded ammunition are cutting back drastically.

Hm. seems more like the argument is why americans would not ban firearms. that is an easy question. the KEY to the entire Independence of america was armed civilians, aka armed militias, to take the gun away from the civilians would be the equivalent of denying the independence of the country itself. Which is why there is the saying americans will not give up their guns and the saying that america is home of the brave.

Back