Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy-8

first few facts about me

- American citizen
- non-jewish
- in outstanding phyisical shape
- i am 23 years of age

I was wondering how an American such as myself would be able to join the IDF.. I decided I wanted to do something a little different than the US military after all I can do that later. I also love Israel and its history. So can anyone help me?

I'm sorry to tell you this,but unforntuanly it is almost impossible.
But if you wanna try then contact the embassy in your country.Go there and explain it to them

Thank you for your support anyway.There are many other ways you can support Israel if you want to,pm me.

Damn, wasn't what I wanted to hear. I tried to get into the US military but it didn't work and thought the IDF would give me a shot. :(

After all Israel and America have pretty much the same enemies!

After all Israel and America have pretty much the same enemies!
Yep,... one another.
They hate America, but won't say so, as long as they can take your money and military aid and then sell it to your enemies. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/israel-accused-of-selling-us-secrets-to-china-1510406.html

You need to make up your mind whose side you are on.

Which begs the question, "the US is short of troops, why wouldn't they take you"? You obviously have problems and this "choice" of yours is perhaps a clue why.

Last edited:
America and Israel are pretty much on the same side. After all we are both fighting muslim terrorists who want us dead. Even if Israel ain't the most trust worthy US ally I will fight for them anyway.

Btw, the I don't know where you got your misinfomation but the US ain't short of troops.

America and Israel are pretty much on the same side. After all we are both fighting muslim terrorists who want us dead. Even if Israel ain't the most trust worthy US ally I will fight for them anyway.
No i seriously doubt that you will fight for them because the first thing they would do is ask the US why they rejected you. Secondly anyone who would willingly fight for a parasite state that double crosses his own country is not worth the time of day.

The only reason Muslims want you dead is because the US supports a rogue state who has no legitimate right in Palestine.

Btw, the I don't know where you got your misinfomation but the US ain't short of troops.
So then, why are guys leaving the forces because of the high turnover rates into the middle east, some units have done 4 or more rotations?

So then, why are guys leaving the forces because of the high turnover rates into the middle east, some units have done 4 or more rotations?

They aren't short of troops, in fact they're trying to cut some 200,000 from the Army alone. The only reason the units are doing rotations is because they are trying to slowly pull everyone out by 2014. Which is why a number of reserve and national guard units are being deployed to Afghanistan.

No i seriously doubt that you will fight for them because the first thing they would do is ask the US why they rejected you. Secondly anyone who would willingly fight for a parasite state that double crosses his own country is not worth the time of day.

How would they know the US turned me down unless I told them?

The only reason Muslims want you dead is because the US supports a rogue state who has no legitimate right in Palestine.

Well they also want us for

- having troops in Saudi Arabia
- not being muslim
- putting "un-islamic" goods into their nations such as TVs
- drinking beer
- allowing homosexuality
- having equal rights for women

Need I go on?

Let me get started by saying I WISH THIS WAS TRUE!!!

In case you haven't noticed the United States of America and the rest of the world are having terrible economic trouble at the moment. Now I wish the US needed troops badly so I could enlist but thats not the way it is.

It ain't so because you say its so.

That's a pre GFC mentality there...
Pre or post GFC the fact remains, many units are rotating far too regularly for a "peacetime" operation. Also the fact that as Lol says, they are employing reserve units as well? If you have plenty of men why would you deploy your reservists?

They may be saying one thing, but all the signs would seem to indicate something quite different is really the case.

In short I think that the powers that be, realise that in man power terms the full time services are bleeding out and they can't afford to spend more money. (like Australia)

Pre or post GFC the fact remains, many units are rotating far too regularly for a "peacetime" operation. Also the fact that as Lol says, they are employing reserve units as well? If you have plenty of men why would you deploy your reservists?

They may be saying one thing, but all the signs would seem to indicate something quite different is really the case.

In short I think that the powers that be, realise that in man power terms the full time services are bleeding out and they can't afford to spend more money. (like Australia)

It's because they are returning active units back to the states, and have reserve component units to fill in the gaps as they eventually draw down to a complete withdrawal. It's a not a manpower issue as I said, they're trying to cut 200,000 troops for active service because they're trying to leave Afghanistan. In fact it is getting harder and harder to get accepted into just the Delayed Entry Program, let alone graduate from BCT. They have plenty of people wanting to join they just don't want them. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is more expensive to deploy a reserve unit than it is an active one of the same size.

. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is more expensive to deploy a reserve unit than it is an active one of the same size.
I never mentioned costs?...
The point is that they are RESERVE units and you don't normally use your reserves unless your main forces are no longer able to do the job alone. (that's why you have a standing military force)

These reservists are effectively civilians who for the most part have full time jobs which must be put on hold, not something that most countries would do lightly.

They turned me down for being psychologically unfit. SInce then I have been looking for ways into the US military and the militaries of other nations.

What, if you don't mind me asking, was the specificity of their turning you down, citing psychological unfitness?

Ummm... is there some reason I wouldn't wanna join the IDF - its a good way to get out into the thick of the fight.
Well, the fact that it has probably held the record for war crimes and crimes against humanity for the last 60+ years with the exception of a fews years off during the Balkans stoush, might be a good place to start.

I suspect it would appear your wish to join these thugs is probably strongly influenced by your PDD. A difficulty in developing social skills is not something anyone would want in a team environment. Especially a military force.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back