American

JOC

This is the difference from most countries and the US. The US has its tensions based on race, ethnicity and religion however it is also the great melting pot that is not dominated by any one single group or people of national origin.
Here in the US the Italians and Irish, were hated several generations ago now are accepted as were the Germans before them. Currently the Hispanics – Orientals are rising quickly. The men of color are now fully represented in American society. I could go on forever mentioning all the groups that have contributed to the great American melting pot.
We have the least homogenized society on the planet, yet it is this very diversity that has made the US unique and strong. We are also the only western power to be rapidly expanding in population due in part to the millions of new citizens we take in every year. One can go to Europe and say I’m a Dane or Italian or Frenchman and usually the original inhabitants are what you would expect. However what is a pure blooded American, but a mix in most cases. Thus the American.

Just a quick response, your population growth has been on the decline since the the 1950s.
1950 it was approximately 2%, 1980 it was roughly 1.1% and 2010 it was about 0.8%, obviously your total population has increased (doubled since 1950) but the rate of growth is in decline.

I wasn't talking about: (annual delta (growth) / total population) = annual rate of growth, but the overall growth. It's still growing which is more than that of the other western nations . Of course the rate of growth peaked during the baby boomer era 50's and 60's.

The problem is the melting pot ain't melting the Negro's , Blacks , Afro-Americans and people of Color are sticking pretty close to their subsidized Hoods , the Hispanics staying close to their subsidized Barrios , and the middle class is / are going broke paying for all this .

I wasn't talking about: (annual delta (growth) / total population) = annual rate of growth, but the overall growth. It's still growing which is more than that of the other western nations . Of course the rate of growth peaked during the baby boomer era 50's and 60's.

That is a little disingenuous though as the USA already had the largest western population therefore any growth would be larger than that of other smaller western nations.

But the reality is that most western nations have doubled their populations in less time than it took the USA to do it.

Back