American Policy

MarchingBandGuy

Euh... I'm native french and I am not yet aware of an american policy. My fatehr is an american citizen wich makes me one too by law. But I don't yet have any papers that says I am. Should I go to my local bureau or something to get papers saying that I am. And Because of this should I have trouble joining the US forces? Do they allow French people? If I did would I be harrassed for being a french? And I don't yet have an american passport to travel either I still travel on my russian passport what should I do?

Are you Russian or French? I belive with the army they let you in if you have a greencard. Yes, you probablly will be harassed for being French. I'm Russian but have American citizenship and leaving for the Armed forces in about a month. Hope to see you :)

Don't worry about what you'll get hassled for, everybody gets hassled for something, so don't let that be a showstopper for doing something that you want to do. The way you will be treated by those whose opinions matter will be based off of your performance and your character, not your accent.

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you about the documentation, and to avoid leading you down the wrong path I'll keep my guesses to myself, but we have several members with personal experience with very similar situations, and they will be able to answer your questions.

Back