American participation in the Vietnam War from 1965 to 1973

DTop said:
If I had only known, I could have read a book instead of fighting :shoothea:
I trust you didn't mean that statement literally?
Gee, me too. I wonder how I could have missed those books?

BTW, I feel that her thesis is too, too far left and it really shows her bias. Just my 2 cents worth.

tomtom22 said:
Gee, me too. I wonder how I could have missed those books? BTW, I feel that her thesis is too, too far left and it really shows her bias. Just my 2 cents worth.
You mean my friend's?
Hehe, like I said she is strongly pro-Bush (unusual for a woman from Berkeley, CA). The reason why the essay is so evidently far left is that she could use only books that her teacher had given- those were the sources and she had to use them. And of course being her teacher superliberal the sources had been picked accordingly.
Though this does not make the essay an objective work nor a particularly valid one, it could be appreciated by the dumb teacher and thats what counts to a woman who is going through a nervous breakdown. And also, like I said, the sources were biased in the first place.

Last edited:
tomtom22 said:
Gee, me too. I wonder how I could have missed those books?

BTW, I feel that her thesis is too, too far left and it really shows her bias. Just my 2 cents worth.

Remember who is teaching/running most universities now. Yep, you're right, the same dope smoking, vermin infested, America hating, long haired, draft dodgers who crawled out from under their slimy rocks to praise Uncle Ho and wave their "little red books" at our heroes. It's pretty easy to pull a "D" if you don't write exactly what they want to hear.:read:

It's true that determining the correct mixture of pablum to feed any given college instructor is one of the first skills a student must master. Coming to your own well educated conclusions often comes much later. Being in a position to defend one's own viewpoint, grades be damned, is another stage of education altogether.

(Excuse me guys I was asked to remove the body of the essay from the boards. Hey who knows if the teacher sees it here :shock:. I'll remove the text but the discussion can of course continue. Thank you).

DTop said:
If I had only known, I could have read a book instead of fighting :shoothea:
I trust you didn't mean that statement literally?

Dear Member,

I meant that statement for those that had not been to Vietnam. And btw, I made the statement based on those who had fought in Vietnam and told me it was the closes that they had ever read on the subject. Especially Operation Ripcord.

Finally, I think anyone reading the statement would have known what I meant. I am sorry if you took offense at it.

Jack E. Hammond

There is often a discrepency between what someone says and what someone meant, especially in this medium. It is very clear to me how on the face of it, what you said was very specious.

jackehammond said:
Dear Member,

I meant that statement for those that had not been to Vietnam. And btw, I made the statement based on those who had fought in Vietnam and told me it was the closes that they had ever read on the subject. Especially Operation Ripcord.

Finally, I think anyone reading the statement would have known what I meant. I am sorry if you took offense at it.

Jack E. Hammond
Dear Jack E. H.,
Notice the wink in the smiley icon. The second statement was meant as a clarification that I didn't think you meant for that statement to be taken literally. Oh and please stop calling me member, it conjures up odd images :wink: (notice once again, the smiley is winking at you).

Back