smlesniper.jpg

gear2.jpg

gear1.jpg

pondquack.jpg

01414.jpg

makemyday.jpg

klickpatrolsks.jpg

monkeyfrog3.jpg

There are many Militia units in the USA.

They have their own command staff and unit organization system set up. They have inter-unit training. most militia members are prior military service, current military service, law enforcement, fire-fighter, para-medic, prior LEO, prior fire-fighter, prior para-medic, and civilians.

Most folks that I have meet in the militia aren't the redneck racists that the media makes them out as. Most are hard working folks, no problem with the law, work within and with the law, and lastly all are patriotic. Most militia groups are against the KKK, Neo Nazis, and other Racist/Religious fundamentalist.

Some units are CERT certified and some work with the local and state government during emergencies. Some train with local law enforcment and other agencies.

I see nothing wrong with the militia. I think that they're a important if mus-understood part of society. These are folks that take time and money out of their own lives and train to defend their families, communities, and caountry.

Lastly, it leads to the simple thought that the Japanese had during WWII.

"A rifle behind every blade of grass."

America is a nation of riflemen and it should stay as one.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are part of the militia.

TITLE 10 > Subtitle A > PART I > CHAPTER 13 > § 311
§ 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

You right now fall under the unorganized militia. Which is what all of the current militia groups are.

From what I understand, most states allow militia groups as long as they don't break and city, county, state, or federal laws.

Hmm....I'm 18 and deaf. I'll go with the unorganized militia. Don't know if Texas have the militia.

Look aorund the internet, there are more than likely a unit or two in Texas.

But before you join any group. Make sure that they are legal. There are some groups out there that are nothing but a bunch on skin head racists. Kinda like the group of folks the FBI look after.

There are always some bad eggs in the basket.

Just remember, you really gotta research this stuff. Alot of folks have been arrested for doing things that they thought was legal. Review the laws of the land.

Looks like fun, though I doubt they'll ever get a chance to use their weapons for their intended purpose. Seriously, who is going to invade the continental US?

I was kinda surprised to see that K98k and M38 in there, I'd expected to see nothing but shotguns and AR-15 pattern weapons.

Militia is a very misunderstood concept, specially in Europe. Thanks to 5.56X45mm I have learned a lot about it. I just think it is only a big resource for the country.

I thought militias were unnecessary when you had the most powerful army in the world. Are they doing this just for fun, i can't think of too many other reasons except that and a very staunch tradition of having them in certain areas.

Even with the most powerful military in the world. It's always good to be able to protect yourself and your family.

And the militia is in no way supported the by the government in terms of equipments and arms. It's all bought by private folks. SOme folks can afford AR-15s some folks can only afford Mauser K98k Carbines.

Also gun laws in some areas limit folks to what they can use. In California you cannot own a rifle that is semi-automatic, has a pistol grip, and takes removable magazines. So the only rifle folks can own that are modern battle rifles are the Ruger Mini-14 and the Springfield Armory M1A. But those rifles are not cheap. So most folks there get Mausers, Mosin Nagants, SKS, and such.

Back