American militia

Georgia State Defense Force (Georgia Militia)
WMD0005.jpg

WMD0006.jpg

WMD0007.jpg

DCP_3556.jpg

DCP_3561.jpg

200309261f.jpg

200309261c.jpg

200309261b.jpg

Nah, Rabs, probably they are retired from the Alaska National Guard. Look at them...they are old men...heh. I'm not sure.

5.56, got any pics from Texas?

Last edited:
The Militia is still a useful tool. Many states have both organized and unorganized militia units.

Hell some of them helped out after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. The Texas Militia is a prime example. Just because the militia gets a bad name from some past events of a couple of morons doesn't mean that the militia is useless and that it's members are criminals.

The Militia is about local defense, natural disasters, man made disasters, NBC events, medical first responder, and medical/civil law enforcement support.

These folks train out of their own time, spend their own money and effort to do what they do. They are an important part of society that many people never realize. Just like the US Civil Air Patrol or other such groups that are part of America's system of defense and infrastructure.

Last edited:
Militia Patches

387.jpg

Florida State Guard (WWII)
FloridaStateGuardPatch.jpg

Florida State Guard (Modern)

plow.gif

National Militia Patch (One of many designs)
patches.jpg

Georgia Militia

Last edited:
Yup, I'm from Texas. I heard some Texas militia did helping victims of Hurricane Katrina.

5.56, I don't think I can join Texas State Guard, they looks like National Guard or Army to me.

WashingtonStateGuardPatch.gif

Washington State Guard
VermontStateGuard.gif

Vermont State Guard
New-York-Guard-Color-Symbol.jpg

New York State Guard
TENNESSEESTATEGUARD.gif

Tennessee State Guard
MSG1c.jpg

Mississippi State Guard
OhioStateGuard.gif

Ohio State Militia

patch.gif

North Carolina Constitutional Militia

Last edited:
Fox, I can't answer that question for you, only you can. I'm in Florida not Texas. Talk to them and find out if you can join. I believe that they have more than combat type jobs.

I'd join the NY State Guard, but they apparently they have the lamest patch ever conceived by mankind. Guess I'll just have to wave at the national guard and hope they don't shoot me just cuz I have an SKS when a disaster occurs.

major liability said:
I'd join the NY State Guard, but they apparently they have the lamest patch ever conceived by mankind. Guess I'll just have to wave at the national guard and hope they don't shoot me just cuz I have an SKS when a disaster occurs.

LOL....or if I have an SVD.

Fox, most scout and patrol work requires hand signals anyhow. You can also be a part of a crew served weapon team, you can't hear what the other guy is saying most of the time.

Back