BLACKICE3.jpg

ZZGREEN1.jpg

razor67_online.JPG

blackice5.jpg

dd_m1.jpg

doc_100-200m.JPG

online_2with_lou.JPG

BLOODHAWK2.jpg

I really don't think these guys are in large enough numbers to be useful to us in any sort of combat situation. I figure, if they want to get together and just practice then there's no big deal. But they have no authority to be fighting on behalf of this country if there is no war going on here, which has been the case since 1865. I don't know, i just don't see the point of pretending you're in the army rather than just go and sign up for weekend national guard service or something.

Militias probably just want to defend their families and their own land, in the National Guard you're almost guaranteed to get shipped out and end up defending Iraqi families for a long, long time.

Are you sure that pic with the M203 is from a militia? I didn't think they were allowed to have any weapons that a civilian couldn't own.

You can get M203s; they're in a category of weapons called NFA Any Other Weapons (AOW). Civilians can get fully automatic weapons also, but they must be manufactured pre-1986. It's expensive, but very do-able.

I see the militia as something very useful. There is no war in the USA right now, but that doesn't mean that folks still should have the right to train to defend their homes and communites.

Last edited:
Some of those photos are hilarious! Glad to see the militia have a high standard of fitness!

You might also notice that quite a few of these guys are equipped more for ranged combat than close combat. Rooting out a dozen snipers in unfamiliar territory is highly damaging to moral and the health of the unit searching for them. Just ask some of the US troops who have fought in wars this century.

Partisans, irregulars, and *ahem* insurgents as about as easy to get rid of as a bad case of VD once they infiltrate an area. There are numerous success stories of such groups throughout the last century. Arguing that militias are unnecessary is just a watered down version of asking why we need a military at all. It's another layer of defence.

Rabs said:
You dont have to run a 5 minutes mile to pull a trigger.

Okay well for their sake lets hope their doctrine only includes defensive operations because I cant see them implementing and maintaining any offensive operations with the level of fitness some of those blokes seem to be at.

WarMachine said:
I really don't think these guys are in large enough numbers to be useful to us in any sort of combat situation. I figure, if they want to get together and just practice then there's no big deal. But they have no authority to be fighting on behalf of this country if there is no war going on here, which has been the case since 1865. I don't know, i just don't see the point of pretending you're in the army rather than just go and sign up for weekend national guard service or something.
Well, Warmachine, you got some good points. But National Guard won't let me to join them cause I'm deaf. So, I want something to defend our country. So, I'll join the unorganizing militia in Texas.

In my book, there's nothing wrong with law-abiding citizens exercising their rather large amount of rights our fore-fathers deemed acceptable for a free nation. As long as they don't infringe on the rights of others, they're legit IMHO. What happens in the woods, stays in the woods!

What does murder and tax evasion have to do with defense and the militia?

Not every militia member kills folks. Last time I checked, I haven't heard in the news of any militia member killing folks in awhile. Same thing with tax evasion.

Active Duty Soldiers, Cops, Fire-fighter, Para-medics, and other folks commit murder and tax evasion. Don't try to single out the militia on that little bit.

We're talking about a defensive force made up of civilian volunteers, not a bunch of racist nut jobs or religious zealots that lock themselves in a building and kill themselves.

RAInf said:
Some of those photos are hilarious! Glad to see the militia have a high standard of fitness!
Some folks take it more serious than others. Also I have seen out of shape soldiers too.

Whoa whoa whoa there, who said anything about murder and tax evasion? I was talking about Law-Abiding citizens, not the ever-present, ever-annoying 1% that screws it up for everybody. Before you jump on my nuts, let me say that everywhere you go in life, there is that 1% of people who mess things up for everyone else, hence the "1% rule."

edit: beat me to it 556.

Back