American Military music

That's the soundtrack to C&C Generals. Very good, if I do say so myself, but not American military music.

Well, it depends on how you define "military music" but when we march in pass in reviews, parades, etc. it's usually to the songs of each service ("Anchors Aweigh" "Marine Corps Hymn" "The Wild Blue Yonder" "When the Caissons come rolling along" etc.) or to traditional marching music like "Stars and Stripes Forever".

Thanks for the info, chronoserpent.

I thought that it might have been American music because the China and GLA music have an East-Asian and Middle-Eastern feel to them respectively.

I've also seen a couple of action/war movies that had music similar to the "USA" music. One of them was The Rock. I think Black Hawk Down may have had similar music.

BTW, the Bouncing Souls, a band I like quite a lot made an album called Anchors Aweigh!

Last edited:
when i think of american military music i think of civil war era songs. dixie, battle hymn of the republic, etc.

Mohmar, the music from Black Hawk Down and The Rock sound similar because they were composed by the same guy: Hans Zimmer. He's one of my personal favorites. He also composed the soundracks of The Last Samurai and Crimson Tide.

Cool. He also made the music of Gladiator, Rain Man and Hannibal.

Guess he might be the main source of Bill Brown's inspiration? (The dude who made the Generals music)

I just listened to the Black Hawk Down soundtrack, and came to the conclusion that the GLA music from C&C Generals is heavily based on it. Unforunately, http://composer4film.com/musicG4.htm doesn't have any of it :(

Last edited:
Back