"The American", or how religion makes you blind to reality

rattler

Refering to my post about the foul-up regarding the supposed ETA terrorists (http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/570085-post.html) that wasn´t commented upon yet (Chupke, where are you when I expect you!? :) ), here the difference between US and EU: We *do* follow your terrorist problems!

The following is an interview with a body guard of Omar Hammami (aka Abu Mansour, aka "Al-Amriki," = "The American"), the first high rank Western commander in al Quaeda hierarchy, born in the US (Other US Al Quaeda adepts: Adam Yahiye Gadaahn, "The Californian"; Coleen R. Larose, "Jihad Jane"; Jamie Paulin-Ramirez)

Take it with a grain of salt, it might well be a propaganda mission result, but still, it is interesting to read as it explains a little bit how religion (whatever) can make us blind for reality and transform us from a young, promising talent to a fanatic; a good, brave and heroic soldier in his own terms, maybe, but a fanatic nontheless, and what most of us would consider a traitor par excellence (interview translated, edited and shortened - rather bad then well - by yours truly, all the language stumbles are by me, all edits spelled out):

We are talking about this Al-Quadea commander, from Daphne, Alabama, I am sure he is well known to most on this board for the publicity he got:

7388f2c84766a1974836024c35e0.jpeg

articleLarge.jpg

Here the interview with the ("until recently" according to his own words) boss of his security detail, maybe it sheds some light on where we all can go wrong (or how propaganda reaches us), especially if and when we search for enlightening in whatever religion:

The first tme I met him he did just have 22 years. He just had arrived in Somalia, a nation with not more law than that of the kalashnikov. He was young and innocent, but when he looked at you it was all terror and fury. Today, 4 years later, his eyes still have the same expression, the one that permitted him to raise to the top as CO of "Al Shabab" in Somalia.

Let me present myself: Let us say I am called Abdullahi. I am a member of Al Shaabab and commander of the unit in charge of operations at the market of Bakaraa (the recent suicide attacks in Mogadisco took place there, R.). My unit is called "Hizbah", which means "Force of Discipline" in my language (Somali, R.) and our mission is to tear down the Federal Government of Transition (supported by the West, R.) and to exchange it for a muslim califate in the "Horn of Africa". Today I have four permanent body guards myself, but until last September I was the commander of the security detail of "Al Amriki" the name by that we all know Omar Hammami.

I started to work with him at the end of 2007. I was assigned the job of personal body guard to him, who had risen - after a successful US attack against a high commander above him in the hierarchy - to commander in chief of the Mogadisco area of operations. From the first moment that I met him he infused me with all the respect a brother of Allah deserves, he is a person who totally gave himself up to god and to the defense of Islam. He has earned the respect of all Muyahidines (the Al Shabab terrorists follow strictly the islamic sharia law codex and decapitate traitors, amputate hands of thieves, stone women who have extramarital affairs to death and forbid females to wear bras as those are considered a Western symbol of coquettery, R.).

I stopped working for him in September 2009, after an US attack killed an intimate friend of him (another terrorist, Saleh Ali Al Nabhan, R.).

During the two years I was at his service, "The American" never let his guard down, he is completely aware that he has millions of enemies, beneath others also the US, his nation of birth.

He had our security detail change routine every day, more than often we had no idea where we were going when he ordered us to move, he gave the instructions only to the driver, and only in the moment of leaving. He never sleeps twice in the same spot, and he never eats or drinks at the same time. He leads a really simple life in terms of luxury, but a very complex one in terms of security. He eats the same as all militia men: Ugali (a paste made of corn, R.), goat and milk. On special occasions he allows himself and the others a little rice or camel meat.

Once some time ago he told me that before coming to Somalia he had led a life of relative luxury in his motherland (he relates what Al Amriki told him: He came from Daphne, Alabama. His father Shafik Hammami fled from Syria in 72 to the US during the political turmoils there. He fell in love with a young teacher, Debra Hadley, who was deeply devoted to the Baptist church, never missed a mass, did not drink nor smoke. This fit well with the strict rules of his fathers beliefs as muslim, and he got accepted by Debras family on the condition that he would not have her convert to Islam. When he was young, Omar was going through a school program for super dotated youngsters, he spent his summers in learning everything about Christianity and the Word, he learnt all the bible by heart in summercamps and by his grandparents in a villag named "Lost" (?) in Alabama, he still is carrying his US passport in Somalia. R.). He never hid his conversion from Christianism to us, not even that he had been baptized (he goes into details again, summary: Omars infancy was completely Christian orientated, it was only in adolescense that he started wondering and asking question about his origins and the nature of his beliefs: He had seen his mother in church every Sunday and his father in the mosque every Friday, the religious difference never was a problem for his parents, who belived in their own god each but in the base understood they were praying to the same. But for Omar, this life of two religions under one roof did not make sense: His grand parents had explained to him in detail that a place in hell was reserved for all non-Christians, his other grand parents in Damascus insisted that there was no life after death outside Islam. Omar himself wrote in his diaries: "Sometimes I am confused: The Bible says one thing, and Darwin the opposite". In the end he opted for Islam as his religion, without leaving out the football on fridays, his girl friend or smoking. He felt guilty. He knew that his religion did not allow him to prefer football to the prayers on friday. In the end he fell completely for the hard line Islam, he made a plyce in college to pray towards Mecca, left his girl friend and even made it a habit to insult his Jewish teachers, R.)

He has two spouses, I call them the "mobile spouses", because they follow him everywhere he goes. THey have no house, no place to take care of. Despite going with him everywhere, they almost spend no time with him, he never sleeps with neither of the two. He never told us how many kids he has, but I once saw him with a girl and a boy of school age.

He told us a lot about his anterieor life, but always with fury, his memories of this life make him physically sick. Today his only objective is to free the world of the agressions of the US and Israel, he feels an irrational hate towards those two nations, he is constantly martyring his brain trying to devise a way how to destroy them. During many a night on watch he told me how much he would like to decapitate every US Ameican or Jew that crossed his path, he never got a faster pulse when in combat, and he never lowered the look when confronting of the enemy. He is a heroe!

What most impresses me about him is his calm and ability to control situation when things go critical, especially under attack. We will never kow exactly how many enemies he has killed, but the decapitations are very common here in Somalia (Al Shabab has various times killed forigners, under them an Italian nun, a Swedish journalist in 2006, and a female British journalist in 2005, even today they hold various hostages, R.)

He is ambicious. His dream is to become as important as Bin Laden or Al Zawahiri. He prys to Allah every day to not let him die before he has a chance to make plans together with the two. He cries of emotion when he reads his messages or watches his youtube films on the internet (he was the first foreigner to publish Al Quaeda training videos on the net, R.)

He does not drive and changes his body guards fairly often. His day starts with reading the Koran, together with the noobs in the militia. I recall that he closed himself awy with the new arrivals and they would discuss hours and hours about the meanings of certain parts of the owrds of the prophet. He is a true Salafist, forbids himself to look at women, sleeps with his back to Mekka and wears his trousers like the prophet.

In the noon it is always military training, cleaning and inspection of ams and equipment. For the night, preparation for the next battle. He likes to prepare for battle with lud music, usually he puts on "jihadist" rap, a tradition under our fighters. He always wears military uniform and carries his own Kalashnikov with 6 magazines.

He had not found it easy to integrate, in the beginning everybody thought he was a CIA spy, but after relentlessly killing very many enemies people started to trust him, and today all doubts are gone.

A true hero.
Rattler

Last edited:
gee at least that kid left to go where he belongs now somebody go remove his head from his body before he can reproduce.

"but when he looked at you it was all terror and fury. Today, 4 years later, his eyes still have the same expression, the one that permitted him to raise to the top as CO of "Al Shabab" in Somalia"

Looking into his eyes it is easy to see that all it takes to advance is dull eyes.:-?

"Refering to my post about the foul-up regarding the supposed ETA terrorists (http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/570085-post.html) that wasn´t commented upon yet (Chupke, where are you when I expect you!? :smile: ), " quote rattler

Gee, I hope you were not baiting me.

Kid got bullied in school and is out for revenge.

Ok so he got bullied in school, big fat hairy deal, that doesn't give him ANY justification for become a muslim and a traitor to his country! Yes I said traitor! And he should be treated as a traitor.

Well, he's doing it.
And he's apparently gotten a few people back for pissing him off.

We still have to kill him of course.

we need to kill ANYBODY like that, just like that one they found a few years ago that was on the news, should have shot him as a enemy right there on the spot.

Unfortunately, there will never be an end to religious fanatics unless everyone was wiped from this world.

He have to be killed. Probably not for what he has done, but what he will do if he isn't killed. No matter what, keeping him or killing him, he will still plague anyone who heeds his word(s) and show inspiration to all who follows. Sadly, even death can not shut up a man who has that much influence. Just look at that Women (forgot her name) who was killed in Iran. Though she is dead, people chant her name and fight harder...

Unfortunately, there will never be an end to religious fanatics unless everyone was wiped from this world.

He have to be killed. Probably not for what he has done, but what he will do if he isn't killed. No matter what, keeping him or killing him, he will still plague anyone who heeds his word(s) and show inspiration to all who follows. Sadly, even death can not shut up a man who has that much influence. Just look at that Women (forgot her name) who was killed in Iran. Though she is dead, people chant her name and fight harder...

How much influence does he have? The article is propaganda written by his body guard.

He has about as much influence as the woman who's name you can't remember, that people are chanting "whatshername", whatshername" over and over again.:)

He has a body guard?................................gee imagine that. a muslim wannabe needing a body guard..................ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(the Al Shabab terrorists follow strictly the islamic sharia law codex and decapitate traitors, amputate hands of thieves, stone women who have extramarital affairs to death and forbid females to wear bras as those are considered a Western symbol of coquettery, R.)
Watch out for propaganda and miss-use of words. Following the Sharia code doesnt make you a terrorist.
You can call the Al Shabab a terrorist organisation if you want. But what you described doesnt make them terrorists.
The Saudis dont let women drive, and they arent labeled as terrorists yet. It makes you a backward muslim. But not yet a terrorist.

And with the informations you gave, he seems like a Muslim zealot, salafist religious practice... Dangerous fella. But not yet the definition of evil.

And to answer to Wolfen, there is many many reasons to convert to Islam. Religions bring answers to some "sensitive" people who are lost in this world. Not a religious person myself, but I understand how people can find confort in a religion.

And Islam is a very dynamic religion, the most dynamic in fact. Maybe it's because it's the youngest of the three big monotheist religions... But hell, successful doctrine all over the world.

And look how it turned a confused kid like that into a "leader". Crazy, not?

And it's very easy to be angry against the Western world, and it's even easier when it comes to the US and Israel...

So much corruption in the US capitalist system. All the crimes that have been done. Support of dictators over here and here... All the war crimes... And with Israel, add all the human rights abuses...

I was watching a SBS (or SBC) dateline show about the battle in Fallujah and the depleted uranium munitions effect on people... Whole neighbordhood with sterile women, misscarrying, dead babies at birth, retarded and mutant babies... And images of babies with 6 fingers, no ears, lungs outside the body, distorted face etc...

When I see these things, I dont understand how anyone could support the countries who do that...

Back