American flag on the CAP uniform

I love the idea im not sure about how itrs actually going to work tho. I am thrilled that we get to wear it.:firedevi:

But we just had a CAC meeting!!!!! And this was sent out on Dec 5th and our Christmas banquet was on the 9th!!! Urgh

Last edited:
I don't like patches and those cloth thingies we wear on blues. Don't the blue nametapes and shinning metal lapels kill the point of camo enough? But if the higher echelon rules that we wear the American Flag... well that's what I'll do.
My guess as to why y'all were never told about the uniform change is because we still have half a year before it's manditory. HQ does need time to send out the memorandum to all squadrons.

C/2nd Lt Robot said:
I don't like patches and those cloth thingies we wear on blues. Don't the blue nametapes and shinning metal lapels kill the point of camo enough?
Blues are meant to be nice, not to be used as a camo.

As for the American flag. I'm glad they are just keeping it on the BDUs and not blues (Our blues uniform seems to be getting crowded....) Not that I agree with it in the first place, cuse I don't. I just think the flag should be for the guy over seas, not cadets.

You guys should feel proud to be able to wear your countries flag on your uniform. Over here, there is discussion on whether we are aloud to wear a Canada flag on our combats or not. Right now its usually the CO's descretion and at the moment he says we can't but I would love to be able to wear it. It just makes the uniform more complete.

Yes I completely agree with you on that one. Although I'm an C/Amn in CAP and my Blues are not crowed with ribbons and stuff...yet, I would like to have my countrie's flag on my BDU.

Eh....
I will wear the flag, and I will wear it proudly. I would just like a good reason why we need them.

C/2nd Lt Robot said:
I don't like patches and those cloth thingies we wear on blues. Don't the blue nametapes and shinning metal lapels kill the point of camo enough? But if the higher echelon rules that we wear the American Flag... well that's what I'll do.
My guess as to why y'all were never told about the uniform change is because we still have half a year before it's manditory. HQ does need time to send out the memorandum to all squadrons.

Actually in active military the where colored patches on camo, as a matter of fact I saw a SFC. with a color American flag on his.

The comment on colored patches and camo is kinda weird.... the reason we wear colored patch on camo is because we aren't combat units, we are more in the support role.

CAP isn't a combat organization? (Check my profile, I'm in CAP). I'm not saying CAP should be like this :camo:. But I don’t see the Air Force running around with colorful patches on their BDU’s. We are apart of the Air Force, so why not mimic what they wear? It’s a petty argument, but it has a point.
We're turning into a "CAP of one" by adopting the American Flag on the BDU's and our mother service doesn't wear it on their BDU's. I’m with alliehz I’ll wear the flag with pride, but an explanation maybe?
And just the Army (Reserves and Guard included) wear the American Flag on the BDUs.

C/2nd Lt Robot said:
CAP isn't a combat organization? (Check my profile, I'm in CAP). I'm not saying CAP should be like this :camo:. But I don’t see the Air Force running around with colorful patches on their BDU’s. We are apart of the Air Force, so why not mimic what they wear? It’s a petty argument, but it has a point.
We're turning into a "CAP of one" by adopting the American Flag on the BDU's and our mother service doesn't wear it on their BDU's. I’m with alliehz I’ll wear the flag with pride, but an explanation maybe?
And just the Army (Reserves and Guard included) wear the American Flag on the BDUs.

Well why would a branch that provides air support need camo? He's one for ya; Why is the AF the only branch to where enlisted rank on their sleeves? And why don't we follow suit?

Last edited:
Cadet Seaman said:
He's one for ya; Why is the AF the only branch to where enlisted rank on their sleeves? And why don't we follow suit?

My guess is probably some sort of tradition.

Back