American deserter from N Korea

--

July 28th, 2004  
gato201

Topic: the army deserter to north korea

38 years ago this bastard named jenkins deserted to north korea. now japan is involved cause he married a alleged kidnaped japanese gril now the bastard has got the japanese tax payers paying for his stay in japan, he is in the hospital stress he should be stressed out as he is trying to scam for 2 more years and the staturate of limitations expires. some people would to see him arrested and kicked out of japan but something is smells why is the us not wanting him back should we ask bush?
July 28th, 2004  
Mark Conley

moved this from the N. Korean post...really needed to be its own topic.

mod
July 28th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

I don't care if he is old and sick, he's still a deserter. As my old first Sergeant use to say...Max em!!
--
July 28th, 2004  
sgtbreeden

i would have to aree with the max him part if it was you know 20 years ago but it is not 20 years ago. now there are deserters in the army and they just kick them out. so why should he be treated any different???
July 28th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

It is all a bit relative thing, to N.Koreans he is a hero, while for USA he is a deserter.

Why he choosed the poor N.Korea and abandoned the free and rich USA? Is he simply just crazy or there is something special in his mind when he made the decision?
July 28th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

I really do not care much for any deserter of the armed forces. If you deserted back in the day, you were basically shot on the spot no questions asked. Now adays, the press makes these guys into heros. I believe there are a few US military deserters chil'n out in Canada. THe press there treats them like royalty. I love this world
July 28th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Topic: Re: the army deserter to north korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gato201
why is the us not wanting him back should we ask bush?
Ask Bush? Why? That doesn't make much sense.
July 29th, 2004  
GreatWall

post edited by the moderator

Mod edit im really sorry guy..but english is the language spoken in the main forum..you can speak what ever language you want in PMs...and please no double or back to back posting
July 29th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

edited by the moderator - sorry english is the offical language of the forum. use you own language in PMs please.

I know what you are saying but don't know what you mean
August 12th, 2004  
gato201

Topic: deserter jenkins is his someone asked why ask bush

It apers the deserter is trying to make a deal and bush is the commander in chief you got to ck. newslink.org and go to japan times look for jenkins