American deserter from N Korea - Page 2

--

August 12th, 2004  
SHERMAN

I m,ust say, that I dislike the whole idea of puting people to death, but there are a few exeptions, and desertion in times of war is one of them. line him up against the closest wall.
August 12th, 2004  
LIPS

Well, well there are a few vigilantes out there amoungst us arent there?? I would think a FAIR trail in front of his peers should be conducted before we condemn this man to death. I just thought thats what our nations strived for or are striving for in past and present conflicts.

What are the facts behind this case?? I dont know?? But before we make a decision lets just look for the FACTS and TRUTHS and not just what is put in the media.

I dont condone what he may have done in the past but we all come from free nations that do have a just and fair legal systems and they should be used to punish this man if thats what is required.

Lets not have a Mob mentality lets instead use a little thing called justice.
August 12th, 2004  
silent driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott.moore
Well, well there are a few vigilantes out there amoungst us arent there?? I would think a FAIR trail in front of his peers should be conducted before we condemn this man to .
THEN line him up on the nearest wall
--
August 12th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

I say: Shoot the bastard!
August 12th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

I say lave him ALONE.

It is already so long time ago, he is so eldly, show some mercy, don't push too hard.

And I believe NOTHING will happen with this old gentleman, mark my word can check it after 2 years
August 13th, 2004  

I don't think his age or motives have anything to do with it. He broke the law, I say he should be tried.
August 13th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
I say lave him ALONE.

It is already so long time ago, he is so eldly, show some mercy, don't push too hard.

And I believe NOTHING will happen with this old gentleman, mark my word can check it after 2 years
What would You say if some deserter from PLA in the let's say China US , or China Russian,war gone into our side... And after he wanted to come back!?

He should be at least hanged.........
August 13th, 2004  
cPFC/SAJROTC

I think he should be arrested and sent back here to the US to stand trial for what he did. From what I read, it doesn't sound like he was some poor Pvt who was drafted into work and fled, he was a leader and set a bad example. Plus he defected to a country that has had poor relations before and now with the US.

He deserves to be punished for what he did, he needs to be extradited
August 13th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Punish Him, lets set an example.
August 13th, 2004  
Intelligal

I agree

Line him up at the nearest wall