American beheaded and Israelis slaughtered.

Redneck said:
Watch yourself, Snauhi. "All" Arabs are NOT doing things like this, in fact the vast majority are not.

i know i am sorry, with that statment i meant soldiers.

Calm down and don't fall for it!
They are not all like that... like we are not all like the morons who humiliated the Iraqis or Thimoty Mc Veigh or our typical mass murderer or child molester.
It is a different country, lifestyle, culture, religion, history...Life and death have different values...
It is not politically correct to say here, at home, but understand that the third world lives our European middle age, only some countries have reached some kind of industrial revolution.
The basic cell is the family, than the ethnic group....the rest is salad dressing!
The natality rate is so high because the mortality rate is high...they need half a dozen to a dozen kids in order to counter nature and end up with a handful of surviving one to care for their old age.
Death and suffering are part of their daily life...Loook at what they do to each other in Nigeria....remember Burundi, former Zaire, Congo Brazzaville, Rwanda, Chad, Western Sahara, Angola, Sudan, Bengladesh, Indonesia, Cashmir, Chechnya, former Burma, Cambodia, Iran...
I remember setting a free first aid shop in a little village in a middle of the jungle somewhere in Africa. A lady came by holding a 5 yo little girl with a week old broken leg, open fracture, infected. She was surrended by 4 or 5 skinny kids all ages...The girl needed an hospital, not a "band aid"...We did what we could with what we had and gave her enough medicine for a week (antibiotics...)... for a week...and we left knowing that she would sell the medicine for "good" money in order to be able to feed her other kids...
She did not show dispair, sadness, hope. We showed up, she waited her turn on line....we tended her little girl and told her to take to the hospital (how sad!)...she showed average interest...she left....
One need to go there and deal with that! It is a different world.
As far as Arabs and Muslim go, I had the greatest experience living and dealing with them...
Cultural awareness is the key! I f you know them, you understand them...
You don't have to accept what is done but you might have to go along.
TTheir bad apples are like ours....For people old enough to remember, our terrorists weren't any better...
Remember or look up Armata rossa, rote armee faktion, Baader-manhof, Action directe...they bombed, slaughtered, executed, mutilated...
Bad apples among the average good one....everywhere!

yes

Calm down and don't fall for it!
They are not all like that... like we are not all like the morons who humiliated the Iraqis or Thimoty Mc Veigh or our typical mass murderer or child molester.

Correct.

Masses of ...?

You guys now I'm Italian, since I've been sticking around for a while by now.
You also know we have Mafia, in Italy. Well y'know I stopped presuming all Sicilians were mafiamen or gangsters when I saw them manifesting and protesting on the streets against Mafia.
I stopped thinking all Basques were terrorists when I saw their squares and streets crowded with people against ETA.
I guess I'll stop thinking all Arabs are terrorists or empathetic to terrorism when I see Cairo, or Algiers, or Damascus, or Riyadh packed with people manifesting solidarity to victims of terrorism.
Did they protest the day after 9/11 ? Did the very people express grief and condolence the day after 3 / 9 in Spain ?

Or maybe the fascist media don't show it all to us for fear we may see their human face. Just gimme a break ! Where's their uman face ?
They're either sympathizers of Al Qaeda, or Ansar-Al-Islam, or Hamas, or they are cowardly hiding.
I know not ALL of the arabs are like that: I know there are thousands of them who support us and I know that for sure: I dont wanna sound irrational or hardliner, but speaking of the masses, I don't see feelings of adversion to terrorism.

Arabs are not all Terrorists,it would be like i say now that every white man in USA participated in negro disciminations,there were many of white people kicking and shooting negroes but not all,YOU see my point ;)

Actually I dont understand what is the big deal in this, when here was a thread about american soldiers torturing arabs, some of you guys said something like "shit happens" so isnt this bit same, maybe just more brutal but anyway shit happens.
To me the killing of american civilian was POOF! up thing to do but american soldiers are not far for doing same things :roll:

hc^patonki said:
Actually I dont understand what is the big deal in this, when here was a thread about american soldiers torturing arabs, some of you guys said something like "shit happens" so isnt this bit same, maybe just more brutal but anyway shit happens.
To me the killing of american civilian was f-ed up thing to do but american soldiers are not far for doing same things :roll:

You have an uncanny ability to amaze me, patonki.

Oh, watch your language, chief.

hc^patonki said:
To me the killing of american civilian was POOF! up thing to do but american soldiers are not far for doing same things :roll:

Just because there's a reason for all that, Mr Suomi.
Violence on Iraqis are exceptions to the rule, recognized as such and will be prosecuted. Violence on Americans or Westerners in general represent the rule of what the bad guys mean to do in case they win and where they impose their power. And won't for sure be prosecuted at all.
Second, do not forget that they are our enemy. Or you think we have no enemy right now ?

P of W need to be treated as P of W,no torturing,no killing,Understand that
As example in 1999(i know im boring)we shot down few of you felas and they all been treated strictly as a POW's we alowed visits and all,at the end they were deported to USA without a scrach CNN confirms that on Oficial web site

My point is that there are no exuces for that. ;)

Marksman said:
P of W need to be treated as P of W,no torturing,no killing,Understand that
As example in 1999(i know im boring)we shot down few of you felas and they all been treated strictly as a POW's we alowed visits and all,at the end they were deported to USA without a scrach CNN confirms that on Oficial web site

My point is that there are no excuses for that. ;)

Check this out then: Article 4
A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:

1. Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.

2. Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfil the following conditions:

(a) That of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;

(b) That of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;

(c) That of carrying arms openly;
(d) That of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.

This was Eric's of course: it proves that those Iraqis are not necessarily protected by the GC, since they are not included by Article 4. The Serbian and the American armed forces in 1998 99 WERE protected by that. American soldiers did not hide behind or among the civilians. nor did the Serbians. The Iraqis instead....well that's their ' culture ', as someone puts it.

I have mixed feelings about the whole Iraqi POW thing. But I can say, they were humiliated, not brutally killed. They will be allowed to leave and go home on their feet, not in a body bag in seperate peices. There is a big difference.

Back