America Truly is the Greatest Country in the World, part two

As for the enemy in the last year... we are not privvy to their secret meetings, contents of their couriers etc. We can't be sure of whether they're changing or not.

I'm interpreting Del as saying that the basic cinvictions and aims of the present enemy haven't changed, while POTUS is giving the idea that the convictions and aims of the US have changed...I could be wrong.

I'm interpreting Del as saying that the basic cinvictions and aims of the present enemy haven't changed, while POTUS is giving the idea that the convictions and aims of the US have changed...I could be wrong.

You got it 03USMC ; in a nutshell, the hand of friendship appears to have been offered all round - no takers. Probably construed as weakness. Then again, I could be wrong. After all, I have been wrong before - once.

There would be more takers if they were sure that America would actually stick around. If they take the offering of alliance officially and the US were to bail, they've just set up their entire clan/tribe/town etc., for extermination.

Good point. You will remember that from the start I considered that Afghanistan would be near to impossible to overcome because of the geographics. That pervious Pakistan border region has become a battlefield since.

Looks like the new battlefields are to be Yemen and Somalia. Africa is big prize target for the enemy of USA, of democracy, of non-islamics. How about of civilisation as we know it? I said 'as we know it'. Historically 'spread by the sword 'is good. Am I too strong?

Are Kenya and Nigeria at risk? Help, I can't stop, switching myself off now.

God Bless America.

Last edited:
There would be more takers if they were sure that America would actually stick around. If they take the offering of alliance officially and the US were to bail, they've just set up their entire clan/tribe/town etc., for extermination.

Yep, the Kurds of GW I (and so the other Iraquies) remember that they got dumped by the US out of the blue and left to Saddam´s hordes, I hear that from the few exile survivors here as a running theme.

Rattler

A lot of folks don't like the fact that I don't give America (or any country for that matter) blanket praise.
I just say it the way I see it.
The only reason why South Korea doesn't pop up much in a negative light in this forum is because the rest of the posters probably don't really care what's going on. But believe me, I have a lot of criticism for that place too. A LOT.
Indonesia as well. I can say some good things about that place but I also have a lot of criticism towards that country as well.
Same goes with every country.
If you take it too personally, you're just a small person.
In fact, if I hated America I'd just say "Yes, America's awesome. Just keep doing what you guys are doing."
If you don't understand that... well, that's just too bad.

13th - I completely accept your position in this matter, as absolutely fair and square. I have no complaints on that score whatsoever. In life, all of our experiences are different and our stances develop differently. I never expect the opinions of others to align with mine necessarily and as it happens I have the greatest respect for yours, carefully and worthily presented as they always are.

I'm surprised by 13th Redneck. You spoke wisely on many occasions. I salute that. As I think myself that nationalism is very dangerous. Love your country... No problem with that. But when your love for your country starts to distort reality... We are in trouble. Because these things happen at the level of a country... And we all know the consequences of that.

Now, the debate about the enemy is interesting. Did the enemy change? or is it the same? Obviously, it's not the same. And this conventional unconventional status you used says everything there is to know.

In my opinion, the enemy is the person trying to destroy/dominate you. It's always the same objective. Now, what kind of convention there is?

There is the legal conventions we use in the modern world. Geneva conventions and such... They are jokes.
And then there is real conventions. Where the enemy tries to just kill you. Or kill the strong men in your side so he can dominate your people. I sum it up to the good old kill the men to get the women. You can replace men by army, and women by ressources/politic power etc...
And then, you have... maybe the unconventional battle. Where you try to buy your adversary rather than to use force. Example? Saudi Arabia owning a large part of the US economy... Holding the country by the balls. Or maybe China...

Anyway... we have enemies. Some want to kill us. Some want to kill us to take our stuff. And other want to enslave us.

This will never change. It's in the human nature. Men kill because of hate or greed. The level of hate will affect the level of death. Death or full extermination. And the level of greed will decide between death to take your stuff, or enslavement.

All these things are possible and sometimes even legally in our modern world.

So, I say that the enemy didnt change. Tactics change all the time...

And I speak about the enemy. But in fact, I was talking about the enemy of the honest people. The aggressor. Believe me guys, the aggressor is always wrong.

Now, whatever the country... unnatural (or natural following your local definition) group, whatever... There is good guys and bad guys.

This thread, is just the speech of a man, who went out of totalitarism to freedom. It's like a guy who took his hand from cold water to put it in hot water. Of course he thinks that it's very hot. But does it mean that you would bath in such water?

If You took someone who lived in Germany under USSR, where the women were raped, when they were throwing themselves in the lake rather than to be gang raped by criminal conscripts with criminal orders... to send this person to today's Afghanistan... They would feel like in heaven. "Oh my god, here, you just have to be poor, to cover yourself to the feet and to shut up of course. and you can live in peace..."

Doesnt prove anything...

I can say that France is the country of human rights... The country of the revolution... Of the lumieres. Of freedom...

Yeah, sure. It was like that. But it doesnt mean anything... They have more rights in Sweden. And we had human zoos in this country the last century.

So, I join 13th Redneck when he says that there is some good and some bad...

I'm an individualist. I dont judge people following their passports/uniforms/skin color or anything...

Back