America

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
So I'm not sure if this is just a Michigander UP thing going around, but for several years my bother and his friends use "'Merica" from anything from a picture of a pistol to commenting on bacon, to pictures of crazy 'only in America' tattoos.

What is the difference between "America" and "'Merica" you might ask?

Here it is...

Attachments

• merica.jpg
    merica.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 17
So I'm not sure if this is just a Michigander UP thing going around, but for several years my bother and his friends use "'Merica" from anything from a picture of a pistol to commenting on bacon, to pictures of crazy 'only in America' tattoos.

What is the difference between "America" and "'Merica" you might ask?

Here it is...

*jap-slapping* him upside of the head and suggesting to him the proper pronunciation of the word might get his attention and break what has become a *habit*.... and *habits* are hard to break...

yepper, a good *jap-slappin* is in order.

il_570xN.352952363_bg37.jpg

I honestly have no Idea what you guys are talking about.

First time I've heard of it.

But Yes, it's a habit you could surely do without, it reminds me of our own Queenslanders and their habit of referring to 'straya.

Too funny pixie...how about the way pepole type in text now? I am new to twitter and I don't know what the heck these people are talking about half the time it is in code "RT, hashtag # "

Hahaha, I haven't a Twitter account (yet *crosses fingers*).

Every once and a while the "txt" sort of speak doesn't bother me, but when you are writing statuses on Facebook and Twitter, or even a decent phone text message, come on. "r u hr yt? i c u thr. B bck sn." ...omgoodness it drives me bonkers!

Hahaha, I haven't a Twitter account (yet *crosses fingers*).

Every once and a while the "txt" sort of speak doesn't bother me, but when you are writing statuses on Facebook and Twitter, or even a decent phone text message, come on. "r u hr yt? i c u thr. B bck sn." ...omgoodness it drives me bonkers!

omg lolololol u hAz prblmz wit readiNg commON elgish? Wat R u sum hacker Grmmer Nazi? ROFL lmao, U cantz handlz the truthz bebeh, lololol

U mad?
troll%20face%20hilariouis.jpg

What bothers me is how accurate memes can be to social life in our society at times.

You think it would be dangerous when someone tries to imitate as such in a real world application but it does happen.

Last edited:
Back