Is America a secular soceity?

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
I'm glad you mentioned the word I misquoted in capital letters: Many westernes want to "Free Tibet" and support the Dalai Lama who propages a message of compassion, love and all sorts of good . But...what would become of Tibet if China granted it independance? Would the Dalai Lama not come back and claim his seat as ruler of Tibet? Would Tibet be any more "free" than it is now?

You are correct. And Sri Lanka is another example of a Buddhist theocracy. They claim to be a demoracy, but Buddhism is the state religion, and their "constitution" (sic) does not allow any civil law to be in conflict with Buddhist teachings. Similar to Iran, Saudi Arabia, and several other muslim theocracies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any society is not eternal,it needs continual reforming even will be overthrowed by peoples. (personal opinion):rockin:

Nasa you are a brave man to utter such things. I for one applaud your words and the courage it takes to say something like that from this country you live in. Kudos.

nasa88 said:
Any society is not eternal,it needs continual reforming even will be overthrowed by peoples. (personal opinion):rockin:

I wouldn't call that a personal opinion. I'd call it a fact, or perhaps personal observation.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
I wouldn't call that a personal opinion. I'd call it a fact, or perhaps personal observation.

maybe I browsed many books about politics that outline the meaning of author of book

The rise and fall

nasa88 said:

Nations rise and fall - it has ever been so.

Do we remember Atlantis? Barely, through myths and legends.

Ancient nations are but the dust that newer societies have formed that will also die and rise like the phoenix.

All of the above quotes are truisms - just like your "quote" they point out that history is not static. When society becomes static, then that society slowly dies.

The ONLY thing that can be described as eternal is "change".

Aye, but here in China to say such things can very easily be construed as sedition. To even whisper that China is less than the oldest and most continuous civilization and that it is not entitled to world leadership as such would draw the phlegm and vile hate of all and sundry. To speak of the communist party ever losing its grip on state leadership and control is absolutely regarded as treason and depending on a few variables could end with either re-education or a bullet.

:brave: :brave: :brave: :brave: :brave: :brave: :brave: :brave:
So then how did your leader feel about Bush coming to propose Democracy on China?

Back