America, I Love Your Stuff!

ozmilman

I'm big into hunting and anything that can help me with my hunting. Mainly it's kangaroos but i'm gonna go deer hunting with some mates soon so i wanted something that i could use to carry around a lot of stuff and keep my hands free and not have anything bulky on my back.

So, i walk into my local Army Disposals store and i see, like a bright shiny star, the very thing that i needed. It was a U.S. Army Issue Tactical Vest, and i bought it quick as lightning. Adjustable straps, pockets for my hunting tips (i hunt with a Compound Bow and have different tips for the arrows), straps for my KA-BAR or my survival knife (both gorgeous American made knives) to be attached to, a place for my Mag Torch, lighters, wax for my bow strings, walky talky to keep in touch with the other guys, a place for my mini-binoculars, and heaps more stuff can fit in or onto it. And since the weight is distributed along my chest and shoulders it's barely noticeable.

I have to say, you guys make some excellent durable stuff. I'm in love with my KA-BAR, and now i have a new American toy to play with. Even my bow i think was made in America and Korea. And the American vest, for my COST to EFFECTIVENESS ratio, was the better alternative. It cost me $70 whereas the Ausy and German vests would have cost almost $150 and were basically no different.

Rich.

Yeah, i got bagged out by my mate for buying US stuff, but the Ausy stuff was only the tiniest bit better, and i didn't need what it had on it - the American vest was the best.

Rich.

The Ausy vest had one extra pocket and a large one at the back to place a waterbottle in. I bought a waterbottle for $10 with it's pouch and just attached it to my vest. And i didn't need an extra pocket, i've got everything i need on the US one. I'm looking at her right now and she's so pretty.... My girlfriend is in bed behind me asleep so i can say stuff like that about my hunting gear without her getting jealous... Hehe, she'll never know.

Oh, by the way, i checked the prices again yesterday. The US one was $70 and the Australian one, was $140. So seventy extra bucks for two more pockets? WHATEVER!!!

Rich.

If it's $70 Aussi that's not bad at all. A brand new LBV will cost between $50 US - $150 US. You got a good deal period. Though I have been looking into some of the Israeli stuff for awhile.

Ahh, catch was that this vest has been used. Still in good condition, VERY good condition, it's just been used. I'm looking at her (the vest) again, aww who's a little cutie...

What's the Israeli vest like?

Rich.

ozmilman said:
Ahh, catch was that this vest has been used. Still in good condition, VERY good condition, it's just been used. I'm looking at her (the vest) again, aww who's a little cutie...

What's the Israeli vest like?

Rich.

From what I hear, they're quite nice.

Back