Amen Andy Rooney!

I know. Which is why I said, we wouldnt be having this coversation. No where in it did I say that you and I were on the same team. I merely said we wouldnt be having the conversation.Same team or not, the coversation still wouldnt have been had.

I really must say that, by suggesting that an apology wasn't exactly necessary, I wasn't attempting to assassinate anyone's character. Ah the vagaries of the internet.

Yes. We weren't saying anything against his character. We were simply saying that the mistake was understandable, and we really didn't feel the need for an apology because the mistake could have been made by anyone. "To err is human; to forgive is divine."-Alexander Pope.And we forgive you Tomtom.

Ah, I believe they missed the point and the opportunity for a lesson, TomTom. Oh well, we tried, sir. lol

Oh Great PJ, please enlighten us on what this lesson might be. I really would like to know, since I seem to be missing why you dont understand mine or moving0targets meaning.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Oh Great PJ, please enlighten us on what this lesson might be. I really would like to know, since I seem to be missing why you dont understand mine or moving0targets meaning.

lol You talk waaaaaaaay too much.

I want to know. Seriously, no sarcasm in the voice. Tell me what the lesson is.Besides the fact that tomtoms apology shows a lot about his values, what is it? Because I understand that.

Ted said:
I reckon that he is entitled to his somewhat conservative look on things. And I even agree with some of them. But these two are imo are off. Why would the police have to use a gun. There are so many ways to apprehend somebody, but no, shoot them straight away.
And secondly, why not pity the poor? You don´t have to give them your life savings, but some pity isn´t wrong. Pity is a sign you still have a heart and some compassion. Even if poverty is totally due to somebody´s errors, what´s wrong with some compassion?

I think, and I can't say for sure, but I think concerning the police issue, the writer was talking about a few cases where the perp was armed and refused to lower/drop his weapon of choice (or percieved weapon, see also: Diallo) after several commands from police, and once they shot him the ACLU and several other "rights" groups jumped on the cops.

Excellent aversion. You are correct. I cannot speak personally as I have never been a police officer,but the criminal needs to drop his weapon and if he/she doesnt, then the officer has the option of deadly force. Now, to the pity issue.I refuse to take pity upon a person who has done nothing and continues to live off of hard-working citizens money.Now, people who have had unlucky breaks, thats another story. If a guy just cant make the rent and is evicted, then I feel for him. But if a man decides not to work because he knows the federal gov't will provide for him, then no, I have no sympathy for that man.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Woah, woah, woah, PJ aint some punk kid in your biology class. Don't get too carried away with yourself. A little humility will save you a lot of heartache. Sarcasm to people who are older and wiser will only bring pain.

Henderson, no offence meant, my friend, but I can speak for myself. Similarly, he doesn't speak for me, and I don't really appreciate being lumped in with him. Sorry my Southern politeness jumped out in my suggesting that no self flagellation was necessary over a simple mistake anyone could have made. I really fail to see how that qualifies me as some sort of ignorant child. Forgive my strong words. I simply wish to make sure that my point is very clear.

tomtom22 said:
I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor.
You don't really have the right not to be tolerant of others... you don't have to accept them, but what happens when you don't tolerate them, you lynch them or what?

I pity the poor and envy the rich. :mrgreen:

I agree with most of the other statements, though. That one about 70% black crime, though... it's almost definitely BS.

Okay, so if I understand correctly, the author (whomever wrote it) meant that the cops can use deadly force at aggressive offenders, who are armed and not wiling to render their weapon? If so, it is the lack of "minor" details that make this point credible or not. I mean how could one miss a detail like this....

Oh, and is their a secundairy story-line about lessons to be learned by the youth? If so, can I help in the process of enlightenment.

This is simply someone's anti-pc rant... it was attributed to Andy Rooney to try and give it credence... nothing to see here folks, keep moving...

Back