I am Really Tired of Ideology

You can double my comments where the media (press) is concerned.

I sometimes think that if a real "truth" bit them in the *ss they wouldn't recognize it and if they did they wouldn't know what to do about it.

Their "pantywaist" behavior while questioning administration representatives leads you to believe that the media and the administration just got out of the same bed this morning after a night of debauchery.

A little verbal bloodletting has become a complete stranger to the media.

Let a soldier or a complete stranger lie bleeding in the street however,
and there would be those that still believe "If it bleeds it leads".

SO MUCH FOR THE NEUTRALITY OF THE PRESS.

Last edited:
You are assuming right away because he is a terrorist, then he doesn't know anything, thats why your thinking is illogilcal.

No Gladius, you are assuming he/ she is a terrorist is torture is a means to get all the information he/ she (quaint isn't it, PC)knows.
I am assuming straight away; you might very well have to wrong person and you torture him. What do you say afterwards? Sorry mate... look at the bright side, you don't have to go to work to coming week!

I just don't like the use of "all means" when you are still unsure if the guy is a terrorist at all.

No Gladius, you are assuming he/ she is a terrorist is torture is a means to get all the information he/ she (quaint isn't it, PC)knows.
I am assuming straight away; you might very well have to wrong person and you torture him. What do you say afterwards? Sorry mate... look at the bright side, you don't have to go to work to coming week!

I just don't like the use of "all means" when you are still unsure if the guy is a terrorist at all.
I can agree with that, it's like the people who get convicted and go to jail, then 25 years later the court finds out, that they really didnt do it. what then?

You both are confusing innocent bystanders for known terrorist, you wanting to "feel good" is clouding your head to do nesecary steps to prevent disaster. Thats why your thinking is illogical, you muddy the issue with you feelings too much.

Its like talking to a hyterical woman no matter how much logic you use it still doesn't matter.

Ted said:
What if you are sure.

What if you caught a know operative.

What if you capture a terrorist during combat.

What if they fall under these categories. This was the basis for my satement.

Is it still illogical to use torture to extract information?

Are you trying to still stay that those aren't terrorist? You illogical thinking assumes that everyone is not a terrorist and even if we capture even know operatives. Are you still saying we can't use torture to extract information? Totaly illogical.

If we capture a known Al Qeada liutenant or operative, we can't use torture?

It is the usage of the word known that makes a lot of difference to me. If he is known to be a terrorist where the possibility of invaluable information is concerned..... hey, fair game.
The ROE have changed, mainly due to them. If you kick up the whirlwind be prepared to get hit by debris. But what you should becareful about is that you "press" him too hard or he'll say anything, also useless facts.

Are you trying to still stay that those aren't terrorist? You illogical thinking assumes that everyone is not a terrorist and even if we capture even know operatives. Are you still saying we can't use torture to extract information? Totaly illogical.

Now you are making an assumption. Till now we haven't spoken of known terrorist, only suspected but not proven. I might be red in some respects, but sometimes it is the blood of others that is red. If you are caught with a dirty bomb at your side, ready to blow up lower side of Manhatten. Well, then I'll turn very Roman on you (on of the good things Romans have brought.. but that is another post) and you won't hear me complain if, in the end, he committed suicide! (also another amusing post)

Cool, I'm glad we are clear on that. I don't advocate simply just toturing anybody you can get your hands on, definately, NO.

My statement had to do with known operatives, they are fair game. At least we agree here. Which doesn't happen very often.:wink:

Lol, you're absolutly right on that one too! :pray: So that makes for twice in one thread!! Blimey, it must be Christmas......

Back