I am not new but have been out for a while

Rotty261

I am back to the forums after a little stretch of time. I never totally left, I always tried to keep a high score or two in the arcade so I wouldn't be forgotten. For those that I have not introduced my self to previously here goes.

I was a USAF 3PO51 (Security Forces) for one hitch then left active duty to persue a civilian security job in Iraq. I have done a lot of traveling all over the US a little bit of Europe and several countries in the middle east. I am currently performing security duties in Iraq and plan to continue this for another six months or so. After that I am going back to the states to enjoy the money I have earned with my family and go find a normal 9 to 5 type job (I hope). Glad to be back....

Welcome back. Some of the people I work with are spending their year supporting infrared systems for the Military. The money sure sounds tempting, if I was younger.

We at work who know one of the technicians have sent a care package to let him know we're still here and support him. He doesn't have a family so it helps him out a little.

Thanks for the warm greetings for returning.

The money is great over here, but there are plenty of down falls too. It is a war zone and not always safe. My family is not here and are always missing me, and I am always missing them as well. It is a good oppurtunity for us financially and I get a good feeling about being here to help support the troops. I did the time I wanted to do in the service and am giving a little bit back now. Hopefully this place will start to calm down eventually and we will get to bring home a lot of troops.

How important is that that people not only in the US but also elsewhere are supporting you?
Does it help?
Stay safe.

Back