I am a new member

Canadian Sergeant

I am sorry for making a new topic, but the welcoming thread was locked.
My name is C. Weibe, I am currently going for a fighter pilot's license. I am 20 years old, I was born in Calgary, but I now live in Saskatchewan, at the Dundurn Munitions base. I am going to be transferred to the NATO Base in Moose Jaw, where I will take my training.
I dont really have much else to say,

Welcome. My Flight Instructor from this summer is doing CF-18 training with 410 Sqn in Cold Lake.

Welcome to the Forums, Sergeant.

Just wondering, but why does it say that you're 18 in your profile and 20 in the welcoming?

Another quick question...all CF Fighter Pilots are officers. What program are you enrolled under? ROTP, REPT or DEO?

Canadian Sergeant said:
I am sorry for making a new topic, but the welcoming thread was locked.

You're actually supposed to make a new welcoming thread in here.. ;)

Welcome to the forums Cadet.. :)

Wait Wait Wait, Sergeant! So are you from Big Sky Land, eh ?

I was in Saskaoon some years ago, had a girlfriend for some yrs there. She came over here too and met my family. Still got some buddies backthere. Got a huge Canadian flag in my bedroom, and a SK flag too. I toured the prairies to the Rockies. Been to Humboldt, Regina, Edmonton, Banff, Jasper. There are lots of Canadian members in here, but I waited long until I met someone from SK. Glad to have you aboard.
I think I'll write to you pretty often if you don't mind.
SK is pretty much my second homeland.

Later and welcome 8) -

I am in the ROTP. I am twenty, but I messed up on the registration so I have to go back and change that.
I don't mind people wanting to talk to me, I am actually interested in what Trevor has to say, I know a couple of people from around the Saskatchewan area, as my parents live in Tisdale and my brother lives in Moose Jaw.
I think that I am going to like it here, it seems like a good place to meet up with other military minded people.
My friend actually referred me to the site after I asked about flying sites, and she said that this would probably be the best one to come to.
well, I have to run back and get a couple of things in order with my Section Leader, as he wants me to oversee a couple of Munitions crates that are ready to be transported.

One more question, Canadian Sergeant, If you've been in for 5 years like it says in your profile, (I'm assuming you're in the reg force) How did you become a sergeant so fast? Most guys, they've been in for 17 years before they get Master Corporal.

Lets just say that I have connections. Both of my parents are in, my mom is currently a Major and my father is a Lt. Colonel. Both moved up the ranks fairly quick, but they both put in a few good words for me when I went to the review board.
I really have to say that since I joined the ROTP, ( I had just turned 16 when I asked mommy and daddy to join LOL) both of my parents encouraged me to keep my head level and complete the requirements. I owe them alot.

Back