I am new here... just saying hello

m551sheridan

Hello, just discovered this site and look forward to checking it out.

I am an old Army guy. Was with the 173rd Abn Bde (Sep) in Vietnam. Left active duty in 72 but did the Reserve thing until 1988. Again, hello and as I get to know you all better I will open up more in return.. as of now I am like the kid at a diner party - be seen and not heard.

Hello, just discovered this site and look forward to checking it out.

I am an old Army guy. Was with the 173rd Abn Bde (Sep) in Vietnam. Left active duty in 72 but did the Reserve thing until 1988. Again, hello and as I get to know you all better I will open up more in return.. as of now I am like the kid at a diner party - be seen and not heard.

Naaahhh... come in right away and enjoy yourself. This ain't some formal dinner hosted by some pompous ass...

This is a barbeque party, let your hair down, enjoy some beer, heck, enjoy all the beer and mingle, friend... I am sure we have plenty to share...

Ohhh, welcome and Greetings, Sheridan...

Naaahhh... come in right away and enjoy yourself. This ain't some formal dinner hosted by some pompous ass...

This is a barbeque party, let your hair down, enjoy some beer, heck, enjoy all the beer and mingle, friend... I am sure we have plenty to share...

thank you viper... and you others for the welcome... still figuring out how to manipulate getting around... and most just call me *tank* if you are of a mind. Y'all have differing experiences then me... I am in your playground... so far the only similarity I can see is we have all learned to *duck* when *schit* hits the fan...
Again thanks for the welcomes - :cheers:

Yep, what my good friend said.
We are one big happy family so welcome to the family table.

Oh! by the way, stay away from 42RM - he is the black sheep of the family. :mrgreen:

thank you viper... and you others for the welcome... still figuring out how to manipulate getting around... and most just call me *tank* if you are of a mind. Y'all have differing experiences then me... I am in your playground... so far the only similarity I can see is we have all learned to *duck* when *schit* hits the fan...
Again thanks for the welcomes - :cheers:
We have veterans from current conflicts and right back to WWII. We are so fortunate that we have a German Army veteran of WWII. I think you´ll find that there are lots of similarities between your combat experience and the other veterans here.

If you fancy to share stories, we´ll be happy to listen.

I must admit, I was only a babe in arms when Vietnam was on the go. I've done my time for Queen and country with a 2 year tour of Northern Ireland. Also done a 4 month tour down in the Falklands, granted it was 9 years after the war. :D

Yep, what my good friend said.

If you fancy to share stories, we´ll be happy to listen.
welllllllllllll Oh-Kay...

In a land far away it was a dark and stormy night, the monsoonal rains had soaked everything. Armed with only my Fairbairn/Sykes I crawled stealthy into the wire entanglement, searching for the enemy sappers that were sure to come... they always came... cowboy and Indians came to mind, my heart raced as I knew the game would begin soon.........

:mrgreen: I also have a bridge I can sell you too

I think what you mean is the Royal Marines get down and dirty with a herd of black sheep!!! :D
Only the females - we're not perverts!:smil:
The male ones we train to be killer sheep and use them to hunt down antisocial unwanted identities like Redcaps. ;-)

Back