I am looking to an STG-44...

Some made in Yugoslavia, and the Old Eastern Block that were sold to Mid East Countries in the 70's and 80's but not really that many. I saw 3 examples during my tour. You'll see more Sterlings, Stens, Brens, and SMLE's as well as K98's than you will Stg44/45's. You will see a crap load of G-3's,AK's FN's, and M16's.

Which is the problem I am currently facing, in order to meet the purchasing requirements the weapon must be one made in Germany between 1943 and May 1945.
Its not hard to find a variant of the STG but finding a genuine WW2 model is quite hard, so far three of five that I have had authenticated are post war models.

Yes I ended up finding one in Austria and it came with a ton of spares and one of the original night scopes for the model so all in all I was quite happy.

I have since seen a couple for sale in the USA but they were comparatively expensive at $18000-25000 USD, I managed to get mine for less than $10000 USD through Europe.

Europe would certainly be a good place to start, but I'd be very careful dealing with anyone out of the former Soviet Union. They do have most things, and everything is for sale, but there are a lot of scammers out there too.

Thats harsh.

Look for a genuine European weapons collector or something.

If that doesnt work, EBAY!!!!

How many Russian black marketeers have you dealt with Balkan-Mig?

Believe me, I do have some knowledge of what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
never mind the russian dealers....I want pics of this toy of yours Monty!

Hehe it is the next one you will want pictures of, I have started the paperwork in the hopes of picking up one of the last two German weapons I want and due to the contacts I made purchasing this the STG-44 I have found an MG-42 with Tripod mount for sale.

If I am lucky I can fast track the paperwork (Having an uncle who is a police arms officer helps a lot) and pick this thing up within the next month thus leaving the FG-42 as the one remaining weapon on my list.

As far as Russian dealers go they seem to have huge stocks of former German equipment for sale (everything from small arms to FW-190s) but I have to say that unless it was shipped to a reputable dealer in western Europe for inspection and authentication I wouldnt buy anything from one.

One day I will however post pictures of the weapons collection here as I have had them all photographed for insurance purposes and given the police copies of both the weapon and its serial number in case any of them are ever stolen (PS this was voluntary).

I know someone who has an original stg44 willing to sell it.
Still interested?

I have one now (well 1.5 to be precise) but there are a couple of people that frequent these boards who have expressed an interest in picking one up, hopefully they will read this and get in touch.

Hey a wad of cash is nice and all but in the end it's value is in how it works for you not in the space it takes up.
:)

MontyB, do you still have any links for the STG44 sellers?

I'm very interested in buying one, as long as it's been in the war and is in good condition.

MontyB, do you still have any links for the STG44 sellers?

I'm very interested in buying one, as long as it's been in the war and is in good condition.

Basically I started at this guys website http://claus.espeholt.dk/ and then from there I just started following the links section and the subsequent page links until I found what I was looking for.

There were a number of Russian sites offering all sorts of things but I decided beforehand that unless they would allow an independent authentication of the weapon I wouldn't purchase anything as my permit to buy the weapon was conditional on it being manufactured before the end of WW2.

They are however a lot easier to get your hands on if you are not worried about the manufacturing date as a huge number were made in East Germany and Yugoslavia after the war.

The other thing you want to be careful of is that there are a huge number of parts and accessories being sold as genuine when they are not so make sure you get everything authenticated before purchase.

Back