I am heartbroken

--
I am heartbroken

December 27th, 2011  
BritinBritain

Topic: I am heartbroken

I am heartbroken
Today Merlin, my best buddy was diagnosed with cancer and had to be put to sleep.

I am going to miss him so much.

Rest in peace my boy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Merlin.jpg (98.6 KB, 11 views)
December 27th, 2011  
42RM

So sorry to hear it mate.
Rest in peace little friend.
December 27th, 2011  
Trooper1854

I am so sorry to hear that.
I have two of these wonderful dogs myself and know what joy they bring.
--
I am heartbroken
December 27th, 2011  
jillyz12

I am so sorry, BA. I know how painful that is. But I believe in heaven, and I believe that Merlin will be there waiting for you when your time here is through. God bless.
December 27th, 2011  
Der Alte

My deepest condolences. It hurts, I know.
December 27th, 2011  
Del Boy

Condolences Brit. It's bloody painful.
December 27th, 2011  
5.56X45mm

I know how hard it is. As a kid I had to have Adam put down. He was my Black Lab and was a great hunting dog, pet, and friend to a kid. Currently Daisy is with Lung Cancer... the vet said that it's not hurting her and that she will simply pass away one day while sleeping. I'm grateful that I don't have to put her down but I wish she didn't have to have cancer either.

In the end pets are more then property; they are family. They give use nothing but love, compassion, and friendship.

I always ask that pet owners follow these rules.

December 27th, 2011  
AFSteliga

Sorry to hear that. When I was 14, my Sheltie died in my lap on the way to the vet. He was 14 too.
December 27th, 2011  
rattler

Brit, as it has happened to me just on this Christmas eve (and with two friends gone, double impact, as reported here on this forum: http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/614811-post.html) I can imagine how you are feeling...

Maybe the little vid I posted can help you along? It sure did for me...

Addressing the replies, dont recall now who posted them, but at a certain age those 10 canine commandments become complicated (at my age, e.g.): There is a certain probability that you will be the one gone in the life time of your friend, and they cannot rationalize as we can and will suffer feeling abandoned (we have a terrier here that since two years is sitting in front of the tomb of his master all day, no way you can seperate him during daylight, he will accept food and water during the night, but then the next day he will be siiting there again... will take a pic and post it here), so having a dog when you are past 50 becomes a double edged sword as far as responsibility goes.

For me, at last, I have more dogs and even a new cat (will post pics here as well soon), and it is embracing the future living and loving the past.

FWIW,

Rattler
December 27th, 2011  
BritinBritain

Thank you all, your kind words mean a lot to me.