I am a dumba** (poll)

View Poll Results :am i a dumba**
yes, what kind of idiot makes a mistake like that, right after saying he won't do that 15 68.18%
no, it is okay, we all make mistakes sometimes, just tell all the girls you got it while trying to stop a bank robbery 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 31st, 2004  
Jason Bourne

Topic: I am a dumba** (poll)

okay, so here i was trying to open this new CD player my dad got me and it was packaged in that really hard plastic, you know the plastic i'm talking about, the really tough kind that you can't open iwht your hands, so i was cutting it open with my knife and my dad says "be careful Matt that knife is really sharp so don't cut yourself" and i say "don't worry dad i won't" 3 seconds later, the knife slips and stabs about an inch into my hand.

so am i a dumbass
December 31st, 2004  
Gorfour20

Topic: Re: I AM A DUMBASS (poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne
okay, so here i was trying to open this new CD player my dad got me and it was packaged in that really hard plastic, you know the plastic i'm talking about, the really tough kind that you can't open iwht your hands, so i was cutting it open with my knife and my dad says "be careful Matt that knife is really sharp so don't cut yourself" and i say "don't worry dad i won't" 3 seconds later, the knife slips and stabs about an inch into my hand.

so am i a dumbass
Why was your hand even in the way? Were you cutting AWAY from yourself? If you take the proper common sense precautions then your hand should've never been in the way.
December 31st, 2004  
Jason Bourne

i know, usually that doesn't happen, but the top was round, and my hand was on the otherside, so the knife kind of slid alongside the top into my hand.
--
Boots
December 31st, 2004  
rOk

Quote:
i know, usually that doesn't happen, but the top was round, and my hand was on the otherside, so the knife kind of slid alongside the top into my hand.
Ouch.
December 31st, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOk
Ouch.
It should rather be: Ouch
December 31st, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

i think we need to give you a safety class on how to use your knife, then give you one of those safe box cutters, like the ones they have at wal-mart, so you do not cut yourself again.

Next field problem I will probably cut my hand with my knife since I am making fun of you

it's all good 8)
December 31st, 2004  
Bootboy82

HAHA things like this happen to me all the time. And yes, you are a dumba**, but so am I, too

Yep, that was a mod edit.
December 31st, 2004  
pimp_squeak

I did something like that to my thumb, I was 10 or 11 and too stupid to realise that I wasn't supposed to cut towards yourself. So I was cutting open my model train transformer and the knife slipped and cut my thumb open, then rotated around the bone....yeah it hurt, and yeah it bled...but i consider myself lucky, at least there was no nerve damage ^_^
December 31st, 2004  
devilwasp

Just say you got it saveing a mate in a knife fight against 4 assailents then just to prove your great get an old jacket and slice it a bit.
December 31st, 2004  
Missileer

Quote:
Sometimes, the hardest lessons learned are the best kind. I was cleaning an "unloaded" pistol and.....do you know how the MDs clean a gunshot wound? A piece of gauze was inserted into the hole in my thigh and a ramrod used to push it through enough so he can pull it on through. This is repeated until (A) you faint or (B) all the flesh coming out is clean of powder residue. Thank goodness, the latter was my case. In your case, you will remember your mistake if you ever shave with a straight razor.