I am currently playing..

Picked up a few new ones from Steam the last couple of days myself. :smil:
Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, GTA IV and Far Cry 3 so far, for almost nothing.. :cool:

Should have enough games to last until next summers sales again when this years sale is over.... :p

Good Stuff! But you'll need to hurry up as the next Sale is around Halloween. Get Gaming!

Bioshock Infinate is awesome! I have finished it once, and on my second playthru in 1999 mode!

I am actually thinking of upgrading my rig this weekend...in time for TOTAL WAR: Rome 2 next month...

Last edited:
Good Stuff! But you'll need to hurry up as the next Sale is around Halloween. Get Gaming!
Ouch... Too many games and not enough time... :p
I'll probably have enough games to last until next years sale anyway.. :smil:

I am actually thinking of upgrading my rig this weekend...in time for TOTAL WAR: Rome 2 next month...
Wating for that one as well.. :cool:

Hooked on Far Cry 3 right now, can't understand why I haven't tested that one before..
But I unfortunately don't have time to play very much anyway, so it's good that the Steam summer sale is only once a year. :smil:

But I'm hoping to get beta access to Eldres Scrolls Online... :horsie:

Well I have been trying Crusader Kings II as everyone I know loves it but I find it almost the same has a job to try and manage everything.

It has that whole Paradox thing where there amazing attention to detail but trying to manage each and every one of your 10,000 soldiers daily routines plus running a country becomes more work than fun.

Basically Paradox make games I would love to be able to play.

Well I have been trying Crusader Kings II as everyone I know loves it but I find it almost the same has a job to try and manage everything.

It has that whole Paradox thing where there amazing attention to detail but trying to manage each and every one of your 10,000 soldiers daily routines plus running a country becomes more work than fun.

Basically Paradox make games I would love to be able to play.

Sounds a bit like EVE ONLINE, which someone made the joke that EVE was just a SCI-FI version of Microsoft Excel (and about as fun).

Metro last light.

Grab your Kalashnikov, a tin of beans and go pet some mutants.

mll_screen_4_0.jpg

Any World of Tanks fans??? You gotta try WAR THUNDER.

Basically it a competitor to World of Warplanes but a lot better. You pick your starter Nation (US, UK, Soviets, Germany, and Japan), the others will unlock quickly afterwards. Period is from the late 1920s (so your starting aircraft is like the P-26 Peashooter, He-51, Hawker Fury.. etc) going into the Korean war F-86, MiG-15). So Bi-Planes to Jets. with variants and sub-variants. For example first Spitfire is tier 5, and you can chose either the Spit I or Spit II. At Tier VI you get the Spit V and you have the choice of the Spit Va or the Spit Vc. You need to unlock the first variant before you unlock the second, but you are not required to actually fly it. If you have the cash you can unlock both variants simultaneously and start directly with the later variant.

Unlike WOT/WOWP, War thunder doesn't use a lot of fantasy aircraft. Most aircraft on the tech trees were real aircraft.

Variety of different classes fighter, Twin Engine Heavy fighter, dive bomber, torpedo plane, light, Med and Heavy Bombers.

3 Difficulty modes. Arcade (AI assisted FM) Historic battles (more realistic FM, less help from AI) and Full Battle (full flight sim mode, no AI help). Harder modes offer better rewards.

Game doesn't require a beefy PC.

It is still in Open beta (and its Free of course) so the FM still needs work but they are patching it regularly. Also Gaijin has said they will NOT do any more wipes, so you will not lose everything when it does live. Game already has 3 Million players.

One tip: Stay away from the Germans and Japanese at the beginning. The German aircraft Tiers I-IV are in serious need of a buff and doesn't come into its own until tier 6. The Japanese need a tweak as well as their aircraft are the most maneuverable but this is negated by the simple FM in arcade mode.

All Nations have pros and cons

USA: Are the best energy fighters, Can take more punishment and have the best bombers. But are not the most maneuverable and have uninspired firepower (not bad, but plain, nothing exotic like the Germans).
Germany. Amazing Firepower on all tier IV+ fighters, but are slower, sluggish and bleed speed too easily. Best Bomber Interceptors. Dive bombers are good, level Bombers are average due to smaller bomb load.
RAF: Best fighter-bomber Aircraft. Good mix of maneuverability + firepower. Best faction in the early game but aren't as good in the later game.
Russia: Similar to RAF in terms of utility, less menuverbility but better survivability + best pure ground attack aircraft.
Japanese: Best turnfighter aircraft, good speed, Good Bombers and Heavy fighters. Very flimsy and have weak firepower (on single engine fighters).

Last edited:
Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition. :cool:
Got it on Steam for almost nothing during the summer sales.
Great game, and it really shows that good content and a good story always ranks way way over graphics in a game. :smil:

Still on War Thunder flying a couple variants of the HE-51. Now I do have much more advanced aircraft but I have discovered that people underestimate the old, slow, under powered, under armed, biplanes of the 1930's that can turn on a dime.

Nothing makes me laugh more than some Spitfire or Hurricane Pilots who continue to think they can outturn me as I feed them a steady diet of 7.7mm rounds.

"For you Tommy, Zee war is OVER!" (LOL)

I've been playing the app game "Glory of Generals" on my IPAD lately, it's quite similar to the old SSI "Panzer General". I've been addicted for the last few weeks. They also have a Pacific version as well.

I've been playing the app game "Glory of Generals" on my IPAD lately, it's quite similar to the old SSI "Panzer General". I've been addicted for the last few weeks. They also have a Pacific version as well.

Ah Panzer General a great game, I still play a lot of Panzer Corps the Slitherine remake of Panzer General with expanded campaigns.

Ah Panzer General a great game, I still play a lot of Panzer Corps the Slitherine remake of Panzer General with expanded campaigns.

I'm going to have to check that out, I've never heard of this game. I love the old Panzer/ Allied General games. Same goes for the Steel Panthers series.

I'm going to have to check that out, I've never heard of this game. I love the old Panzer/ Allied General games. Same goes for the Steel Panthers series.

Slitherine have done pretty well at remaking and updating many of the older wargames (like the Gary Grigsby War in the East series), but Panzer Corps is very well done and identical to the original but with vastly expanded campaigns for example the old invasion of the low countries and France was 2 battles in Panzer Corps is 14.

http://www.slitherine.com/series/panzer_corps_pc

Oh and they have just finished the remake of Allied General as well.

I suspect that if anyone is going to remake the Steel Panthers series it will probably be them.

Last edited:
Back