I am currently playing..

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Like zander said, we dont have near enough resources...I for one dont have 24/7 access to a graphics design computer...though I cannot speak for the rest of the members...So the next best thing would be to talk about one and hope that we get "discovered" by a game creater...

We kan make a scrap book in paint, print it out, flipp the pages fast to se the game in all it´s glory. We need to make expansions too:)

Well, you need more than a scrapbook and note pad to make video games! HAHA~! I must admit it, although I have a good com, but mine is not top of the range yet with those superior Graphics card to produce the best graphics! So maybe your idea can come true! You can write in a suggestion to some big game company like EA and tell them about your idea, then also tell them to include you in the production team and you could in the end make money out of iT!

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Like zander said, we dont have near enough resources...I for one dont have 24/7 access to a graphics design computer...though I cannot speak for the rest of the members...So the next best thing would be to talk about one and hope that we get "discovered" by a game creater...

lol, well , hmm.. lets all rally, and THEN we strike :pirate2: And hunt for whatever we need.
Being discovered is another good thing heh

I don't think EA will worry too much over some missing programmers, not like they cared in the first place.

C/1Lt Henderson said:

Cinema 4D, C++ and a freeware 3D engine is all you need. So, off you go... ;) Some of the 3D engines around are easy to configure and performs very well for FPS styles of games with their extended support for OpenGL rendering. Easier, but less powerfull, languages such as Dark Basic can be used for creating games in a day or so - OK programming interface and performs well with the options of including assembly or C++ routines for your time critical routines. I've been working with the 3D Rad engine in 2003/2004 having quite a bit of fun with it (learning the basics of controlling while being at university). If the game plot/time table, game script. music and graphics, etc are done programming a FPS game can be completed within a couple of weeks by using freeware resources - depending on your programming skills and problems encountered.

Screenshots from Panda and Nebula engines :)

Panda3D-1.jpg

The%20Nebula%20Device%202-2.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly. You were speaking gibberish to me just then, Sunb!...As to KC72's question. It would be a FPS/Strategy game. The strategy will be the commanding of troops and political decision-making.FPS would be alternating roles of commander and infantry.

Whatever, just a point of view on the discussion - if you plan to make a game you need to learn how to program, that type of software doesn't appear by magic over night - but I'll drop this then and get on with my technical gibberish talk on another board... Sorry for interrupting your conversation.

Last edited:
LOL, its quite alright. I would ask you, does the creator of the ideas for the game often participate in the technical aspect of creating it?

I have changed again...

I have stopped Oblivion, Rome Total War, and Mercenaries and have started Evil Genius and Hitman Blood Money. I am going to stop Hitman because because I never finshed Hitman Contracts, and I want to do them in order. The last 2 days is Evil Genius, because its good to be good to be bad!

Evil Genius is a underappricated game. I have an urge to reinstall Battlefield 2 and I am also finishing up my USAAF campaign New Genea flying a P-40E in Pacific Fighters. Good thing too attacking a G4M Betty (principal adversary) is a P-40 is more dangerous then you expect.

Back