I am currently playing.. - Page 37

--

May 28th, 2009  
major liability

I saw AVGN before but I just now watched some nostalgia critic. I love the Space Jam review.

And I think little kids really do have superior reflexes, I beat Philosoma using a few continues back then but now I can't even get past the second level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8P3JVftOEM
The intro is still awesome after 14 years, games just did not get soundtracks by professional composers like this back in '96... or maybe that's just nostalgia.
May 30th, 2009  
Mikefrombelgium

S.T.A.L.K.E.R on pc and the godfather2 on xbox360
May 31st, 2009  
AFSteliga

X3: Reunion
--
June 2nd, 2009  
major liability

Now it's Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 and Valkyria Chronicles. PS3 games are so damn expensive.
June 3rd, 2009  
A Can of Man

Yeah, why???
June 3rd, 2009  
major liability

Probably because they're on Blu-ray discs and Sony sold PS3s at a loss for a long time because they put too much awesome stuff in it to sell at console prices. And they cared about quality - 30% of the initial run of 360s have simply failed through no fault of the owners. They also like to carve a neat circle in discs if you play a game for too long or move the console even a little bit while it's running.

I'm officially disappointed in DW Gundam 2, they pulled my favorite suit for no apparent reason.

It's the only one that looks like a spacecraft designed for killing rather than a giant samurai robot.
June 5th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Ugh never did like the samurai type robots.
Preferred these:

Seems more like a vehicle you would step inside of to blow sh*t up.

Speaking of disks...
For some inexplicable reason, my Civilization 4 CDs stopped working. And yes, they are originals. Played it a few times and now the PC won't recognize it. Tried it on other computers and same deal. Urrgh. For the sort of money they charge you think they'd use stuff that actually lasts more than 6 months.
June 5th, 2009  
mmarsh

Indeed, Battletech kicks butt! What is that a Shadow Cat? Always like the Mad Cat myself...
June 5th, 2009  
mmarsh

Oh Boy lets see

PC
Left For Dead - Team Fortress 2 (I switch)
Empire Total War (lovely)
Company of Heroes Tales of Valor -about to finish will start DOWII once done.
Mass Effect PC (or Fallout 3 I'm Torn)

XBOX 360
Virtua Tennis 2009 (with the wife)
June 5th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Yeah the Mechwarrior/Battletech stuff is pretty cool I think.
I liked the smaller Mechs and preferred the scouting missions armed with long ranged weapons using hills for cover for hit and run engagements. For extra challenge sometimes I used the Raven but man that is hard! Can't even jump.
Of the heavier ones, the Mad Cat gets my vote also.