I am currently playing..

I recently took up an older game to help me waste time of an evening. I'm playing Civilization 4 with the 'Rise of Mankind' mod installed, makes the game take a lot longer but there's massive changes to the vanilla game.

As soon as I get my new computer (should be any day now!), I'm going to go back to another older game and again play it with a mod rather than play the original version - STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl with the 'Secret Trails' mod.

I'm finding lately that aside from Forza Horizon, Skyrim and the soon to be released FarCry 3, there aren't that many new games that have much interest for me so I'm going back to older games.

I recently took up an older game to help me waste time of an evening. I'm playing Civilization 4 with the 'Rise of Mankind' mod installed, makes the game take a lot longer but there's massive changes to the vanilla game.

As soon as I get my new computer (should be any day now!), I'm going to go back to another older game and again play it with a mod rather than play the original version - STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl with the 'Secret Trails' mod.

I'm finding lately that aside from Forza Horizon, Skyrim and the soon to be released FarCry 3, there aren't that many new games that have much interest for me so I'm going back to older games.

Well I have been enjoying the remake of UFO Enemy Unknown, I do enjoy the turn based games.

i prefer non-turn based games as i believe that it leads to more fluid situations.
i recently got back into a classic, Age of Mythology(Titans)

Well since I posted that I have gone back to playing "C&C-Generals" although I have also found that Origin has Battlefield 1942 in its free games so that has been a blast from the past.

I have made a promise to buy myself not to buy any new games until

1. The drop below 20 EUROS
2. I finish some of the ones I have.

(Note: F2P games, add-ons to existing games, and Company of Heroes 2 and Rome Total War 2 are exempt).

So with that in Mind...

Currently playing...

Fallout 3
SWTOR
Space Marine
LOTRO on my laptop (need to get a new one).

Company of Heroes 2 release date: June 25

So I got Far Cry 3 way back then, played about 1/6 of it and decided I wasn't the target audience - didn't like it, so much so that I stopped playing it and never went back to it.
I started playing the F2P MMO Defiance but stopped playing that to try out Star Trek Online now that it too is F2P. I'm dabbling in both of them.

A friend has been trying to get me to play State Of Decay but it's another zombie game and I am thoroughly sick of zombie related 'anything' these days.
Once more I've gone back to older games and started both Civilization 4 and Age Of Empires III again.

Yeah I am definitely going through an old game phase, although I am still playing a little bit of UFO Enemy Unknown again even though I don't think it is as good as the original.

In terms of MMO's I am looking forward to the August announcement of EQNext.

Picked up Company of Heroes 2 when I was in Blighty last week. Sorta wish I hadn't. Its not a bad game, but its really nothing that new compared to COH. I would definately recommend it, but wait until its on the $20 list.

I am actually playing alot of F2P games. If you want good F2P games that are not P2W I would recommend...

World of Tanks
DDO
LOTRO
Planetside 2

While there are other F2P games, the either come with very bad restrictions, are P2W or just not that good.

Went back to Battlefield 3 again a couple of weeks ago, while waiting for BF4 and Elders Scrolls Online... :cool:

Went back to Battlefield 3 again a couple of weeks ago, while waiting for BF4 and Elders Scrolls Online... :cool:

Have you tried Planetside 2?

Yes its Sci-Fi but it the only large scale MMOFPS out there. As much as I like battlefield, the first time you are in a firefight with hundreds of infantry, dozens of tanks and squadrons of fighters and bombers above your head its just epic.

Its about as close to the real thing that you would ever want to get.
I don't know if I will get BF4, there are just so more possibilities in PS2.

The other thing about it is its totally Free. Everything can be unlocked via certs (which are earned getting XP). New guns require alot of certs (and you will have to grind alot before getting your first one, that's the only worthwhile investment of real money and frankly you can do without as the stock guns are perfectly functional). Weapons aren't 'better' they are just different.

Incidently, there is a rumor that tomorrow (July 4) will be a double station cash day. Meaning you will get twice the amount of station cash for the same amount of RL cash. So $7 instead of giving you 1000SC will give you 2000SC. New guns cost 800SC so that's 2 new guns you can pick.

Haven't tested it yet, but I've been looking at it a few times so maybe I should try that one as well now.
Thanks for the tip. :smil:

I installed it but just didn't get into it at the time although now with a 2 week vacation coming up I may give it a try myself especially since it is the engine they are using for EQ Next.

Tested it for an hour or so a couple fo days ago, but still like BF3 better...
More realism, present time weapons and smaller maps. :smil:

STEAM SUMMER SALE 2013

Kicked off yesterday and runs to July 22. New Sales everyday.

So far I picked up
Bioshock Infinate with Season Pack + DLC 46 EUROS
Dishonored 17 EUROS
Fallout 3 New Vegas 11 EUROS

Also. picked up Company of Heroes 2 (but paid full price).

Redleg

Well I agree about the RL weapons, with the success of Planetside 2, I am sure DICE is thinking about doing the same with the Battlefield series. I actually prefer the larger maps, but then again I mostly play as a NC Inflitrator (Sniper) so having a lot of room to move around/hide is important. Its also better as a fighter pilot (which I also play alot).

Already Games Workshop has announced a MMOFPS in the WARHAMMER 40K universe.

Picked up a few new ones from Steam the last couple of days myself. :smil:
Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, GTA IV and Far Cry 3 so far, for almost nothing.. :cool:

Should have enough games to last until next summers sales again when this years sale is over.... :p

Back