I am currently playing..

I saw AVGN before but I just now watched some nostalgia critic. I love the Space Jam review.

And I think little kids really do have superior reflexes, I beat Philosoma using a few continues back then but now I can't even get past the second level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8P3JVftOEM
The intro is still awesome after 14 years, games just did not get soundtracks by professional composers like this back in '96... or maybe that's just nostalgia. :)

Last edited:
Probably because they're on Blu-ray discs and Sony sold PS3s at a loss for a long time because they put too much awesome stuff in it to sell at console prices. And they cared about quality - 30% of the initial run of 360s have simply failed through no fault of the owners. They also like to carve a neat circle in discs if you play a game for too long or move the console even a little bit while it's running.

I'm officially disappointed in DW Gundam 2, they pulled my favorite suit for no apparent reason. :(
A6729499-11.jpg

It's the only one that looks like a spacecraft designed for killing rather than a giant samurai robot.

Last edited:
Ugh never did like the samurai type robots.
Preferred these:

shadowcat.jpg

Seems more like a vehicle you would step inside of to blow sh*t up.

Speaking of disks...
For some inexplicable reason, my Civilization 4 CDs stopped working. And yes, they are originals. Played it a few times and now the PC won't recognize it. Tried it on other computers and same deal. Urrgh. For the sort of money they charge you think they'd use stuff that actually lasts more than 6 months.

Indeed, Battletech kicks butt! What is that a Shadow Cat? Always like the Mad Cat myself...

Last edited:
Oh Boy lets see

PC
Left For Dead - Team Fortress 2 (I switch)
Empire Total War (lovely)
Company of Heroes Tales of Valor -about to finish will start DOWII once done.
Mass Effect PC (or Fallout 3 I'm Torn)

XBOX 360
Virtua Tennis 2009 (with the wife)

Yeah the Mechwarrior/Battletech stuff is pretty cool I think.
I liked the smaller Mechs and preferred the scouting missions armed with long ranged weapons using hills for cover for hit and run engagements. For extra challenge sometimes I used the Raven but man that is hard! Can't even jump.
Of the heavier ones, the Mad Cat gets my vote also.

I've always preferred the Battletech designs myself, but I definitely like the heavier models that can run up in the face of your alpha strike and blow you up anyways. I used the Loki and the Awesome a lot in MechWarrior 4.

Still, mechs are a bit ridiculous no matter how they look. I think personal exoskeletons like the Battletech Elementals or the Mobile Infantry suits from Starship Troopers are a lot more believable in sci fi.

Last edited:
Well technologically speaking the Mechs are probably closer to reality than the suits but one has to question how vulnerable the legs make the mechs.

Just played the first couple hours of Prototype. It's one of the best sandbox action games I've ever played, reminds me of the Spider-Man games. It's playable with the mouse and keyboard, but I'm using the PS3 controller with the PC version because it's just better.

Now I'm playing BlazBlue exclusively. These 2D fighters are coming back, and it's my second favorite genre. Gotta get good with Jin and v-13 so I can kill people on PSN.

Remember when Flight sims were all the rage?
Now that they have the technology to make some amazing ones, they're not so popular anymore.

Wait until Storm of War: Battle Of Britian comes out. Q3 2010.

Achtung! Spitfire!

I used to play flight sims... the modern era stuff is more fun I think (and far more complicated).
Played Falcon 4 for a while, even joined an online SQN at some point in college. That was fun.

Back