I am currently playing..

Really Oblivion was the only one I've enjoyed so far. The rest are just console crap far as I'm concerned. There are no games with truly next-gen graphics I'm anticipating. Just BioShock and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

Note that I'm not counting HL2 and DooM 3 engine games as those are the current gen.

Oh and Operation Flash Point 2

And that's just the FPS style games the RTS ones on the way are looking good....

Then the simulators...wooty...

Really the Console doesn’t have CRAP the "next gen" consoles basically are "previous gen" PC's

Oh and let us not forget that the greatest game of all time can be found in all its glory on the PC....drum roll.....CounterStrike....A game that is steadily approaching 10 years in the running....

guys guys, Donkey and Major Liability, please, tell me what you think are worthy games that I should get (once they are released/ or if they are released tell me). The new gen games, any genres, but most notably, FPS, RTS and RPG. I feel kind of lost and behind heh, thanks. :camo:

:type:

Crysis is gonna be awesome, don't care so much about UT2K7. Sure, it's a beautiful engine, but I never enjoyed the Unreal gameplay.

Heh. Nobody gives a rip about the game itself. Everyone wants to see the next Red Orchestra. I'd love it if Tripwire released RO on the new engine.

Edit:

Neverwinter Nights 2 if a nice new RPG for your "To Get" list. Medieval 2: Total War is a great RTS.

Last edited:
Unreleased PC games you should take a look at:

Armed Assault (Tactical FPS)
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (RTS)
Fallout 3 (FPRPG)
Huxley (MMOFPS)
Operation Flashpoint 2 (Tactical FPS)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (FPS)
Supreme Commander (RTS)
World in Conflict (RTS)
Tabula Rasa (Online RPG)
Spore (Strategy)
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (FPS)
Crysis (FPS)
BioShock (FPS/RPG)
Phantasy Star Universe (Online RPG)

Oh thank you MajorLiability, that should at least help me get on the same page :)

Oh and moving0target, I sure am getting Never winter nights 2, I think. ANd also Medieval Total war 2, I have been waiting for that game since before summer ! :camo:

Medieval 2 total war is pretty fun.

I like it, the problem however is that the tactics you can use with medieval european forces aren't as simple as with roman legions. So i think i'll have to get used to thinking differently about how i fight. For those of you who have played Rome total war, you'd be surprised at how similar the 2 games look in many respects.

Medieval 2 total war is pretty fun.

I like it, the problem however is that the tactics you can use with medieval european forces aren't as simple as with roman legions. So i think i'll have to get used to thinking differently about how i fight. For those of you who have played Rome total war, you'd be surprised at how similar the 2 games look in many respects.

Well I have rome total war, and I have played MTw2 demo. Its cool :smil:

M2:TW is the first of the series I've played, so I'm still feeling out the tactics. It'll also help me quite a bit when they finally patch it. I get some weird crashes and the like. Kinda sucks when you've just smashed the last few soldiers in the enemy castle...and the game dumps you to the desktop.

playing Battle Field 2 now.. i got a new comp so i can play it hah!
man im sleeping at 4 AM cuz im so addicted to it now lol!!

Supreme Ruler 2020

It is a cool game. They must have worked so hard on it. Detailed about countries. You can not produce everything. You should play .

06e7c195ff50bda5a6027b9314743af8.jpg

da5eb026d4c42ce0e301c35f28fdae5e.jpg

*I am sorry I think I couldn't resize the pictures. You can delete them if this post is inappropriate.

Just beat Dawn of War II, I was unimpressed. The first Dawn of War is a lot better, you actually build a base and construct an army of your choosing, and resources mattered. And of course there are 9 factions if you have both expansions. It was a real RTS. DoW 2 is more like an action RPG than a strategy game really, you only control four squads who require a lot of micromanagement to be effective.

I'm most of the way through Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena. So far I think the best part of the game is the remake of Butcher Bay. It's a fun shooter with some interesting stealth and melee components you don't see in most games.

Been playing a lot of Guilty Gear XX lately, I get addicted to those old-school 2D fighters. Can't wait for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 at the end of June, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom later on (hopefully it gets ported to PS3).

Last edited:
A lot of PSX classics on my emulator. Silent Bomber, Einhänder, Philosoma. Never thought I'd see them again, I'm nostalgia tripping pretty hard.

Back