Allowing Females to serve on Subs

LOL that's funny.

But on a serious note women on subs will work if a few things happen, (1) men leave them alone ie sexual harassment. (2) women realize that its a sub, everything is cramped and there is little privacy, (3) men quit trying to catch a peep. (4) the ships store starts carrying chocolate (5) the sun roof has a cell phone antenna on it

Ha, ha!

Yeah. Chocolate for sure, and the sun roof with cell phone antenna are a must too! Are Navy issue cell phones available with that?

Yeah. Chocolate for sure, and the sun roof with cell phone antenna are a must too! Are Navy issue cell phones available with that?

yea sure, they all are.........................(don't believe that)

My comments might be a little funny, but in reality its just observations I made from when women came to out command, none of that came from the woman's side though, the women I served with were some really competent and knowledgeable people, that's just stuff the dumb ones in the front office decided to do to make life a little easier for "the little petite girls"
we had one really small ( about 100 lbs soaking wet) girl from Tennessee raised ona farm that'd pick up a CH46 rotorblade and walk away with it.

Looks like the Navy is looking for women volunteers to study the effects of Nuclear Radiation and other contaminates associated with close proximity, on board submarines, to female reproductive organs.

Over the years their have been lots of studies done on men, but this will be a new field.

Ladies, do we have any volunteers?

Glad I'm not a Bubblehead. Hope it works out for you guys.

You are aware that women in confined spaces tend to have a coordination of their "Cycle" right? Enjoy guys, enjoy.

Very true Hmmm, but then my experience with men in close quarters has also been pretty rank (and lingering). At least women on subs might freshen the air and dampen the diesel.

I am guessing you guys are not debating or taking it seriously? As for me, I think women on USN Nuclear subs can have a bad effect.

I am guessing you guys are not debating or taking it seriously? As for me, I think women on USN Nuclear subs can have a bad effect.

It is not so much they can't do the job, it is the problems that will occur. There currently is no Navy using Nuclear Submarines that allow women to serve on them. That means there really have not been much study done on the effects of increased exposure to female reproductive system or the effects of radiation esposure on a fetus.

The US fast attack boats are very cramped and do not lend themselves to coed facilities. The ballastic missle subs though larger also spend long periods submerged 30 days plus.

There are a lot of other effects that the Navy have not really addressed. The wifes of the submariners are some of the most outspoken against this change.

Other problems can range from a women not knowing she is pregnate deploying. What happens if there are complications? Do they cancel their mission and return to port?

There are serious questions that will need to be addressed besides where they sleep.

I can smell the sexual harrasment lawsuits and rape charges already. Young men+Young women+Boredom+Tight spaces=well you get the picture.

We can't take this thread seriously we all know whats gonna happen, and we all know the navy will cover it up or sweep it under the rug for a few, then it'll make as big a scandal as tailhook did. If not WAY bigger

Look on the bright side- we could man the fast attack subs with all-female crews and hope they hit PMS at the same time during war.....

Look on the bright side- we could man the fast attack subs with all-female crews and hope they hit PMS at the same time during war.....
Yes, make the fury of a woman scorned (or in her time of month) the enemy's problem.

Personally I piety the first enemy ship they see. And my condolences to any survivors that they pick up :)

Back